Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 27th, 2015, 1:00 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power reduced light

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nhb
My neighbor took in a 2007 Tahoe today with the same problem and showed them the letter I received. They checked her VIN and said it didn't apply to the vehicle. Not sure what the qualifications are????
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> nhb,

They are VIN specific.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 15th, 2017, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Suburban REDUCED ENGINE POWER problem

I have a similar problem with my 2005 Suburban 2500 LT. I too have been dealing with this problem for over a year. I initially got OBII codes of P2135 and P1516. After going through all of the recommendation that I have found on the internet forums and etc, I have been unsuccessful in correcting the issue. Early on I replaced the Throttle Position sensor on the accelerator itself, then the
throttle body throttle body
as well as the throttle position sensor (TPS) on the
throttle body throttle body
and the electrical harness to the TPS. When none of those worked, I next went through and cleaned all of the connections and grounds including those on the control module next to the washer fluid reservoir at front of the drivers side fender. That changed my codes from those mentioned above to P1125 and P2120. I am not really sure where to go from here. The only thing that I am very certain about is that the problem is electrical in nature and probably due to a bad ground but I have not been able to locate and so also have not been able to fix the problem. I am looking for ideas and feed back. I have included a few pictures of the possible problem areas. I think that I got them cleaned up properly but still have the same problem.
The control module where the connectors are attached is seen on the radiator side of the battery

Note the corrosion on the pin
Old May 1st, 2017, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Wire on block

I had the same problem but I was getting codes 1516 and 1518. Changed the throttle body and worked for a while but after 90 miles happened again. Went through a battery, alternator and $600. While messing with the wires from the throttle body going back to the firewall as I just pressed on the conduit at one point the engine would shut down. I pulled all the conduit off and inspected the wires, but all seemed ok. I took off the plastic cover - don't know what it's called - and with my left hand on the passenger's side of the engine at almost an arm's length down I found a ground wire connection. With a 13mm and an extension I was able to take it out carefully and clean it well. I then put it back in and tightened down. Now when I press or shake the wires at that same spot truck is OK. It's been five days now and I haven't had the problem yet. I will post pictures once I'm sure this fixed it.