Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

stabilitrak,antiloc brakes and reduced engine power malfunction warning light

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stabilitrak,antiloc brakes and reduced engine power malfunction warning light

Yesterday my truck had a problem my stabilitrak, antilock brakes and reduced engine power warning light casmer on all at once.
My truck would barely do 1500 rpm and when I drove it it felt like some one would bump me from behind, like it feels when your transmission slips and catches. Does anyone know about a problen like this
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: stabilitrak,antiloc brakes and reduced engine power malfunction warning light

wat yr and model is ur truck.
Old December 26th, 2007, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: stabilitrak,antiloc brakes and reduced engine power malfunction warning light

Mr C - sorry to hijack your thread here, but I've recently experienced a similiar issue. I have a 2007 Silverado (1500) LTZ model with 19000 miles. Here are the details.

Stabilitrak seems to be engaging for no apparent reason. This occurs after long periods of driving the vehicle. The stabilitrak engages and the truck seems to lose acceleration power, the truck would slow down and as I attempt to accelerate the only thing that happens is my RPM's jumped up, then the engine light came on. Each time this would occur it would act up during acceleration and then after a short while quit until the next time I accelerated from a near complete stop. This occurred during normal, non-slick, dry road conditions. I've also recently noticed the brakes seem to be making a loud clank-type noise when I come to a stop and take off again. The stabilitrak issue occurred the 1st time about 6 months ago, but I didn't raise alarm because it happen so quick and went away, but just the other day it occurred again. This time it was more than just a quick incident - it occurred about 6-8 times and each time it appeared to occur during my acceleration after either stopping or nearly stopping. After I arrived home and let the truck sit for the night it did not occur the next day nor has it since, but I have not driven it for a long period of time lately neither. Actually because of this I will not travel in my truck until the issue is resolved.

Any ideas what the hell is going on here. I'll b taking it in for service so that they can look into the issue at hand, but since I'm seeing more and more instances where this Stabilitrak seems to be malfunctioning I'm thinking a recall is in order.

D
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

do either of u have any aftermarket wheels or suspension modifications?
Old February 1st, 2008, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

My 2004 Denali has done this a few times. I think I read that it could be caused by not having the gas cap on tight enough. The first time it happened it freaked me out and the truck felt like it was dying, it was moving so fast. After pulling over and reading and putting the cap on tight, I think it went away, I might have had to have start it a couple of times, I don't remember. It has happened a couple more times, since. Which has lead me to this forum, to find a definite answer.
Old October 14th, 2012, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 chevy slverado 4wd LTZ and reduced engine power has happened to me several times.It's been in shop for recalls and reduced power problem. gas pedal sensor gas tank sensor been changed and problem still occured.I normally would pull positive batt.term.for few min. and it reset my comp. for a little while. Last time ,approx 3 mths ago,when it happened I pulled both battery term. off for 5 min. hooked pos term first, then negative side. Truck seems to actually have more power since. when I only pull pos. batt. side I always had sparks when hooking up. So , I'm thinking that was causing a partial break in my comp. until some power surged to set off my reduced power light. I have never read about anyone trying this, seems to be such a small solution so I'm sure to get feedback from this. I will let you know if I'm wrong.