Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine Stumbles at take-off

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2009, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Sigmond
Id say you have a bad MAF, when mine went bad it did the same thing, bank 1 lean codes & such. Man, when I unplugged my MAF it ran like a bat out of hell, never felt it so fast, it felt like a camaro. The computer would adjust the best it could and it would go back to normal accel after a few hours. I installed the new MAF and all codes went away and it ran normal. I do miss the way it ran confusing the computer by unplugging it, that was fun, but I like it to run the way its designed to.
The only reason that I don't think it is my MAF is cause it is still providing reasonable air flow readings. I am also not getting any DTC codes regarding the MAF or O2 sensors. The only code that I do have is the P1870 which will be fixed in due time. And besides I can change the O2 sensor for about $250 cheaper that the MAF. I will know for sure in the morning/late this evening what is actually wrong.
Old September 16th, 2009, 4:51 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may be right, there are a few sensors in the MAF though, Flow & temp.
Old September 18th, 2009, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Is there a rattle in your catalytic converter? If you have 61 psi at idle ,im thinking there might be a back pressure issue.
Old September 18th, 2009, 7:12 PM
CF Junior Member

p1870 code is a trans component slipping
Old February 21st, 2019, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same stumbling issue, I think it is Fuel Related tho, also if you have an exhaust leak like me it will contribute heavily to the stumbling. Especially if it’s up to the front of the truck like mine. The Upstream sensor and Downstream sensors get freaked out and do not know what to do, they could also be bad. I have the codes P0137, P0157, and P0161. They’re all 02 Sensor Related. I also have the P1870. I think it may have went away tho, my truck never ever slipped, it may have been just a bit off with the input speed sensor and the output, I used some Lucas Trans Fix and my fluid was a bit over the line so I fixed it and I haven’t had any really bad issues. But if you have any existing Exhaust leaks, any bad wiring, etc id get it fixed and then see what it does. My engine light went out on it’s own once and then came back after I gave my truck the sauce down the highway. Must be that 02 code.