Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help w my factory MP 3

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2012, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help w my factory MP 3

i play my itouch thru it.( i am not techo crazy) , but it worked well. once the my ipod library was stored on my truck radio. i could play songs etc without the ipod being plugged in! i was really happy! the next day tho i could not find the selections stored? what happened? thanks jake
Old January 12th, 2012, 5:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jake69,

The iPod Touch is the storage unit. The radio itself does not offer permanent storage; it gets it from the USB device (iPod) plugged into the system. The system uses a buffer memory, which allows for temporary storage when the USB device (iPod) is unplugged. However, when you power down the vehicle, the information in the buffer memory is lost. To access the files again, you will have to connect the iPod to the system again.

If you use the iPod regularly in the vehicle, you are welcome to leave it connected to the USB port located in the center console or on the instrument panel.

The iPod charges while it is connected to the vehicle if the vehicle is in the Accessory or On/Run position. When the vehicle is turned off, the iPod automatically powers off and will not charge or draw power from the vehicle's battery.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service