Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

NEED HELP FAST: WHAT IS THE FACTORY SET TOP SPEED ON 02 TAHOE??

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2006, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP FAST: WHAT IS THE FACTORY SET TOP SPEED ON 02 TAHOE??

What is the factory setting for top speed on '02 Tahoe. I need this in writing. Some sort of official chevy document.

I need to show this to court judge b/c a cop gave me a ticket indicating that I went over 100mph, when there is no way my stock SUV can ever go over 100mph due to factory speed limiter.

Thanks for any info. [&:]
Old August 29th, 2006, 7:59 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP FAST: WHAT IS THE FACTORY SET TOP SPEED ON 02 TAHOE??

What the hell are you doing anything even close to 100 MPH for????
Take the citation like a man and learn from it even if technically you’re only doing 98, so what.

He should have thrown you in jail.
Old August 29th, 2006, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey calm down ZX1100F1.

I am an obstetrician and was on my way to an emergency cesarean section delivery. If I did not get there asap the baby and or mother could have died. I was only speeding on a stretch of highway that had no cars on the road.
Calm yourself.
Know all your facts before you rush to judgement. What if my patient was your wife and baby? Would you want me to get to her bedside as soon as possible???
Old August 30th, 2006, 2:49 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all; I am calm and please don't take anything said personal.

Secondly, If my wife was your patient I'd expect you to obey the laws (since you asked), the risk of delay from being detained by a police officer during a traffic stop is too great in a true life-or-death circumstance (I take it that your patients survived your delay?)
A true professional would hurry along at a reasonable and prudent pace but not to the extent of triple digits speeds in a 5 year old SUV, that is not reasonable and the police officer on-scene didn't think so either apparently.
Tahoe's are not safe at those speeds.

Not to preach but going even close to 100 mph on a road with seemingly no traffic poses a tremendous threat to the public not to mention yourself, probably more so than the risk of you being another minute or two late for the c-section which I am quite sure was being performed at a hospital with other well trained staff on hand.

If you got caught speeding and the officer didn't buy your excuse then tell your story to the judge, if he believes it then maybe you'll be good to go but there is no official document that GM is going to provide that will give you a license to be above the law.