Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HORN issue....

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2015, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HORN issue....

{Sorry about the post in the "new members" area}
TO: The Pro's

My horn on my '07 Chevy Silverado, intermittently, goes off, blaring continuously! I have to disconnect the battery to stop it!!! Is this failing contacts/springs in the column, ORR the relay going bad??? I'm leaning toward the latter....if so, where "exactly" is the relay located??

Thanks very much,

Neal

PS: I just reconnected battery, and horn was silent....then, after about 15 mins, it went off, blaring continuously!!
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS : Also, I was noticing a time stamp that accompanies posts on the category page with the list of postings, and I posted this around 10;30 am CST...anyone know why it would have "4;30 PM" on it???? Just wondering...
Old May 26th, 2015, 2:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the contacts are going bad, and the relay should be located in the box under the hood, and if I am correct, pop the top and read the diagram on the underside of the cover to figure out which relay it is. If you remove the relay then the horn will not work.

And the time stamp you are speaking of can be corrected by going into your control panel on the forum and adjust the time to correspond to the time you you are located in.