Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to install rear camera to 07 Silverado LTZ Crew

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2007, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install rear camera to 07 Silverado LTZ Crew

Hello, new to CF. Just bought a new 07 Silverado LTZ Crewcab. It has the (U2K) XM radio, (U42) Rear DVD, and (UVB) DVD/NAV HU. It did not come with the (UVC) Rear camera. My understanding from other posts with the SUV guys is only the SUV's did. I'm looking at installing the CoastalETech GMX320, and Ipod lock pick devices. Opinions on their gear? Can anyone advise, is this HU the same as the SUV's? Can it be unlocked by GM techs to use the rear camera function, and have the factory rear camera installed? Or is it better/cheaper to add on an aftermarket one.
Old July 8th, 2008, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install rear camera to 07 Silverado LTZ Crew

Well I had the dealer unlock the head unit to make it believe it was in a Tahoe/Suburban (not surprisingly I had to tell them how to do it from the Coastal etech page). I decided it was too much hassle ordering all the gm parts so I went aftermarket. Put in a Coastal etech gm 320 lockpick. So far so good, added a pioneer rear cam (probably paid too much). I made a bracket and installed it directly above the hitch in the opening. Also added an Ipod lockpick, it's hit and miss, but works most of the time.