Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My digital climate control buttons on my 2008 Silverado are peeling their black paint

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2012, 3:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My digital climate control buttons on my 2008 Silverado are peeling their black paint

This is the digital setup with the right and left side temperature display. The fan button seems to be losing it's black paint and the underneath just glows at you. Anyone have to fix this? Can you paint up the black with some kind of flat black paint?

Thanks.. Gary
Old September 29th, 2013, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem, temperature buttons, fan speed, you name it they all look cheap. I asked the dealer if I could just buy the buttons and pop off the existing ones. The dealer said NO, I need to replace the entire control unit, so much for that.
Old July 16th, 2014, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down I have a 2012 Silverado with the same issue

There is no reason that this should be happening on a truck that is 2 yrs old.
Chevrolet needs to step up their game. you spend 38,000 dollars on a truck and the dash looks like crap after 2 yrs.
Not pleased and I am a Chevy guy.
Old July 16th, 2014, 1:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Podsy,

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Silverado and I can definitely understand your frustrations. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be happy to look further into your concern. Feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread if any extra help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 17th, 2016, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Podsy,

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Silverado and I can definitely understand your frustrations. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be happy to look further into your concern. Feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread if any extra help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
What happened with this? Currently at lowes getting white enamel to paint our vans so they aren't embarrassing for our company. Ford vans from now on...