Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

no power to windows and locks, rear only

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2013, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power to windows and locks, rear only

I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 4 door. Yesterday morning I had a strong smell in the interior (at first I was thinking chemical/solvent, but maybe its smoked electronics?). Some problems kicked in at the same time. Now rear door windows and locks don't operate from either the drivers or rear controls. Locks don't auto activate in drive or with remote. Front windows, mirrors, heated seats and locks work fine.
The airbag light and service airbag message also started at the same time. Not sure how this would be related, I've had a sensor go bad in the past, maybe the other side is spent now?

Tonight, the info display is showing the passenger rear door ajar, but the door is closed, message doesn't change when open or closed.
Rear door speakers are working fine. no change in the window and lock issue though.

How are the rear door windows and locks controlled? Do they use the DDM or BCM or another module?
Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? The window and lock circuits seem to be set up left and right since the fuses and breakers are set up that way, so I'm not sure why only the back doors are having the problem.
Is it worth resetting one of the modules? If so, how do I do that?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Old March 11th, 2013, 7:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Two things I would look at or do.
First, I would check the battery cables (especially the ground) and make sure they are nice and tight.
Second, remove the negative ground cable for a few minutes to reset the computers. Not technical but it gets the message across..."sometimes these computers get brain farts." Resetting them with a battery disconnect is sometimes all it takes.

Here are some schematics. Hope they help; I having got time to really look but if you want some further input must let me know; I'll probably be back on tomorrow or the next day.

Left Power Windows:

Name:  2005powerwindows_left_silverado_zpsb97a6b1d.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  206.5 KB

Right Power Windows:

Name:  2005powerwindow_right_silverado_zps03c0a42e.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  244.5 KB

Power door locks switches and relay (without RPO YE9 (convenience package)):

Name:  2005powerlocks_relaysswitches_silverado_zps79a47403.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  232.4 KB

Power door locks switches with YE9:

Name:  2005powerlocks_switchesactuators_conveniencegroup_silverado_zps8a6e2afa.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  172.1 KB

Power door lock switches relays crew cab:

Name:  2005powerlocks_relaysswitches_crewcab_silverado_zps59cb8940.jpg
Views: 2095
Size:  160.1 KB
Old April 6th, 2013, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 2500hd ext. cab

i am have problems with my driver side window switch. i cant roll down the drivers window nor can i roll the back windows down. however i can roll the passenger window down only from the passenger side. i have replaced the switch on driver door but that still didn't do anything. i have checked the breaker but got nothing. please help
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello,

I've read over your post and I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your windows on your vehicle. I'd like to assist you in resolving this issue. Could you please private message me your full name and VIN so I can look up more information about your vehicle? Also, have you gotten a chance to take your vehicle into the dealer? If not, I'd like to set up an appointment for you to get your vehicle diagnosed and we'll be able to move forward from there. I look forward to your response.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

I pmed u let me know if u got it

QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;245389]Hello,

I've read over your post and I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your windows on your vehicle. I'd like to assist you in resolving this issue. Could you please private message me your full name and VIN so I can look up more information about your vehicle? Also, have you gotten a chance to take your vehicle into the dealer? If not, I'd like to set up an appointment for you to get your vehicle diagnosed and we'll be able to move forward from there. I look forward to your response.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care[/QUOTE]