Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please someone help

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help

Hello people have a 2009 Chevy silverado 2500 6.0 gas motor and it is running rough and can't figure out ,cleaned throttle body , injectors and treated gas with water removal solution and still runs rough any ideas please
Old January 20th, 2012, 8:43 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many miles?
Old January 21st, 2012, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Hello it has 18,000 miles
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Active Member

A 2009 with 18,000 miles- take it to the dealer for warranty work. Did you get a check engine light? If so what was the code? Could possibly be an engine misfire-maybe a bad coil pack, maybe moisture in plug boot.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

yes I keep bringing to dealship and they keep saying it was water and now fixed but when i pick it up it runs like **** and they dont know what it is. I went to two different dealships and both couldnt help me.....
Old January 22nd, 2012, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

there is no check engine light coming on
Old January 22nd, 2012, 7:06 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Unfortunately since the mileage is so low what ever is wrong is odd. You are going to have to contact corporate GM and push then to find out the problem. Does it run bad all the time?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 3:49 AM
CF Beginner

It only runs rough when in gear at a light
Old January 23rd, 2012, 8:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Irish81,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your Silverado. I see you stated that you have taken the vehicle to two different dealers. Also that the vehicle only runs rough while in gear at a light. Was the dealer able to duplicate the problem? It is difficult to diagnose a problem if it cannot be duplicated.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:26 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

If it running rough or could you say it is more of a vibration.

Quick Reply: Please someone help