Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remove door panel

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2011, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove door panel

How do I remove the interior door panel on my 2010 1500 ext cab Silverado 4x4 . I'm looking at replacing the standard review mirror with trailer mirrors. Is this difficult for a novice...I really don't want to scratch or break anything. Thanks for any input.
Old May 14th, 2011, 9:38 AM
CF Active Member

I haven't looked specifically at that panel but it is generally the same as many door panels. First look in the armrest area and door handle areas for phillips heads. You should find 2 or more phillips screws that you need to remove. These screws aren't so much about holding the panel on as bracing it from the force these areas take from resting your arm and opening the door. Now you take a flat scew driver or go to the auto store and buy a cheap tool to pry the plastic plugs that snap into holes in our metal door frame. You need to get as close to them as possible when you pry. Don't worry about ruining the plastic plugs you can buy them at the auto shop. In fact if you buy the tool buy some plugs so you can get an idea what you are up against. Once you have the plugs out all aound the door panel you pull the bottom out about six inches and pust up this slides the top part of the panel up and off the upper rim around the window. Now the panel is loose but you have to get behind it an disconnect the electric window wires and any other wires. The electrical wires have little tabs you need to move to unplug them. Don't worry the plugs on the wires only fit to the spot they are supposed to connect to and shove right back on. You now have the panel off. This should take you less than 15 minutes, I can do it in less than 5 minutes.
Old May 14th, 2011, 7:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well may be you are talking about a diff door panel, but I'm going to tell you about the one on the '07 SILVERADO ext cab (my truck)
begin by removing the small triangle cover at the top of the big panel by just pulling it off, (I broke a tab off of one of them but no biggie 'cause it has 3) also there are some small (plastic) covers that you have to remove with a flat screw driver, they are right behind the handles, and other long cover on the vertical handle with a small notch at the bottom, and the lock release stem has a small tab, pull it up with a really small screw driver and pull up the lock stem, once they are off remove the volts (the ones behind the covers you just remove) with a socket (but I forgot the size of the socket, I think is a 10 mm but I might be wrong)
once you have all the bolts off pull the panel off the door all the way around except at the top, the panel is attached to the door with plastic plugs
once the panel is off the door lift it straight up and it will come off, then you have better access to the window switches harness, unplug them, and now you can unbolt the mirror to remove it
I have seen a "how to remove the door panels" thread with pictures and all but I don't know where right now, but I hope this helps, I will try to post some pics of the process 'cause I know I will be messing with the DL3's I have for sale and I want to make sure they work just fine
let us know if you have any questions
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update: I was able to find a thread that explains exactly what you are asking
Tow Mirror Install - GM-Trucks.com
Old May 16th, 2011, 2:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Here is a picture of the door panel on a 2008 your 2011 will be very similar you will see the screws and clips this picture is for a SLT/LTZ trim level door panel.

CC