Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Bottom radeator hose blew& power steering pump line also. Why?

Old December 27th, 2022, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottom radeator hose blew& power steering pump line also. Why?

Yes last night I got in my truck to go out. So I did my normal routine I checked the oil was a little low so I added oil then I checked the water was a little low added water to the overflow tank. Then I started the truck let it get to operating temperature and niago friends house fostering in front of my friend's house it was sitting in idling and the next thing I know I see Steam and steam everywhere so open up the hood and the bottom radiator hose is popped off and the power steering hose popped off right at the compressed fitting at the end of it and have no idea why this all happened now I got power steering fluid all inside the engine bay and don't know if this is part of maybe something bigger or if just the heat from the bottom radiator hose made that fitting pop off I don't know any suggestions or any ideas anybody
Old December 28th, 2022, 11:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Chevyc1500
Yes last night I got in my truck to go out. So I did my normal routine I checked the oil was a little low so I added oil then I checked the water was a little low added water to the overflow tank. Then I started the truck let it get to operating temperature and niago friends house fostering in front of my friend's house it was sitting in idling and the next thing I know I see Steam and steam everywhere so open up the hood and the bottom radiator hose is popped off and the power steering hose popped off right at the compressed fitting at the end of it and have no idea why this all happened now I got power steering fluid all inside the engine bay and don't know if this is part of maybe something bigger or if just the heat from the bottom radiator hose made that fitting pop off I don't know any suggestions or any ideas anybody
Doesn't matter why. You just have to repair it. Look on it this way: You have a coolant change and a power steering oil change all at the same time. P-S and axle oils are often ignored. Even antifreeze changes are ignored, as well. You can use "Simple Green" to get the oil off at a high-pressure auto-wash on detergent wash. Spray it down at 100 percentage, before, to allow it to soak into the oil.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; December 28th, 2022 at 11:21 PM.