Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bright Box!!

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2008, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bright Box!!

I have a 1998 Silverado with a HIDkit forthe low beams (6000k). I am palnning on getting the HID kit for the high beams, but only if i can the low bems to say on when i turn on the high beams. So this brings me to the Bright Box; I heard about it and did some research, but i have a few questions. I heard you can save $90 and just use the diode trick? Can i do the diode trick with the stock harness or do i need to upgrade it? Or would should i just buy the bright box? But will the bright box work if i have a HID kit for the high and low beams?

Any help with this would be awsome!

Old March 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Bright Box!!

You might need to get a new kit with high beams and low beams. http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/
Old March 18th, 2008, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

But since i have already spent $150 on a HID kit for the low beams i dont really want to spend money on something i already have. Im wondering if I upgrade the wiring harness i can use the diode trick? Then buy the high beamHID kit so that all of my lights will match.

Old March 18th, 2008, 8:20 PM
CF Active Member

Um, if you know how to do it and your willing dig into your wiring harness, go for it. I've done things like that on Hondas and Nissans so I suppose it won't be that painstaking. It's too bad you didn't get the high and low beam kit though.
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

yea i know i should have got them both. but he said the kit would come with a seperate ballast for each light bulb so i figured i would just buy the low beam, i thought thats all i needed. But now i want the high beam kit since i heard about the bright box.
Old March 19th, 2008, 4:05 PM
CF Active Member

Good luck with it...
Old March 20th, 2008, 8:00 PM
CF Senior Member

There really is no such thing as a high beam HID. Almost all conversion kits are 35 watts, lumen value is based upon kelvin temperature. Where you get High beam HID's is if you have a seperate high beam halogen housing that aims the light upwards and outwards, still the same amount of light output. If you buy a bi-xenon kit, depends if you get a cheap one or an expensive one. A cheap one comes with a high beam halogen bulb mounted beside the arc tube. The good ones used to have a mechanical device that moved up and down the tube to re-aim the light. Now they come with two arc tubes per sideand four ballasts total. But those only work for single headlight housings. I didnt know if you knew this already or not, just thought I would share.
Old March 26th, 2008, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Yea i pretty much knew that it was the same output just the direction of the light was different. In my truck i have the seperate high and low housing in the headlight. They are right beside each other and that is why i wanted then both to stay on when i turned on the high beams because the amount of light output would be ridiculous. but i found a cheap way of doing this without cutting up the wiring and it doesnt cost as mch as thebright box.
It's only $22.99

http://www.jcwhitney.com/HighLow-Bea.../600002852.jcw

Old March 26th, 2008, 2:38 PM
Super Moderator

Letus know how well this works, because I have seen them before and have been wanting to try it in my '95.