Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 7:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

throttle body question

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see you got me all wrong, im not trying to bash anything, i am just posting that i spent $65 on a spacer and did a before and after comparision of power, and i found it isnt worth it, if someone thinks im wrong then im not trying to talk anyone out of it, but if your going to spend the money on that there is a much more guranteed way of increasing air flow into the intake manifold, i did it myself but i know they have people that you can send your throttle body to and they port and polish your throttle body, also, anyone who has a vortec based engine has probably noticed that on the throttle body blade, there is this little flap coming of the bottom of the blade, if you remove that flap (but you have to refill the two little holes or it will idle a lot higher) but between the ported body and flap removed i got an increace of 6 hp at thw real wheels, there is no question that it is increacing air flow, it can be done by yourself but is honestly a pain, a friend sent his for his LS1 camaro, and it was only like $70, much more worth it in my opinion then the throttle body spacer

not meaning to offend defensive people, but im just speaking from personal experience