Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck losing power/lost its power

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2013, 11:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck losing power/lost its power

Ive got a 05 silverado 1500 w/ a 5.3l, 6 inch lift, and 35" mud terrains. I had the transmission rebuilt a month or 2 ago. Heres my issue: truck feels like its lost all power basically, you step on the gas it just feels like its bogged down, doesnt have the power it should. also when you try to tow even a super light trailer up a slight hill, the truck is putting every ounce of effort to get up it, you can have the pedal to the floor and it still barely makes it. even when you go in revers, pedal all the way to the floor, feels like it just doesnt want to do it. ive done everything i can think of and my list has run dry so i really need some advice and help here. fuel pressure checked out ok, catalytic converters checked out ok. help help help!
Old June 26th, 2013, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default loss of power

Im guessing you don't have a check engine light on? I had one do something like this once and it was the cam shaft sensor on the back of the block. I had rebuilt the motor and damaged it on the firewall putting the motor back in. That may not be the case with yours but its worth a try. that could be a number of things, Mass air flow sensor could cause the same type issue. When you had the cats checked, did they blow a hole just before the cat and back pressure test it? on those trucks any pressure coming back is bad pressure! good luck
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
CF Junior Member

No check engine light. Ill have to look into the other 2 parts. Would you happen to know where the crankshaft sensor is on my truck? I don't know what I'm looking for. They did the temperature test and a pressure test. Pulled off the o2 sensors and plugged in the pressure tester and tested fine. I'm just running out of options here. Also how much does a crank shaft sensor go for???
Old June 2nd, 2023, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

Did you ever resolve this issue?