Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warranty woes

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2014, 12:12 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty woes

I bought my 2012 Silverado on 12-16-12 with 6 miles. Since then I have had multiple issues with it . The first time I took it to the dealer it was all good until I picked the truck up then I noticed it had a bunch of scratches in it and nothing was done with my complaints. Recently I had a plug foul out so I replaced it and reset the code with my programmer which was wrong thing to do . They won't replace all the plugs only the 1 that is bad . They said it should have been brought back to them but I am gunshy when they scratched last time. I am fed up with the dealer saying that my complaints are just a common problem or just blowing me off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the dealers?
Old January 13th, 2014, 7:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Benkagen,

We're very sorry to hear of your experience with your dealership. If you are interested in filing a formal dealership complaint, please send us your full name, VIN, contact information, and the name of your dealership. We would also like to look more into this situation for you. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 13th, 2014, 8:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

scratches are unacceptable. Don't just go away, be persistent. Complain to the service manager and go right to the dealer principal and district sales manager. Dealers hate bad customer service ratings so when you get your survey blast them. Just be very sure it happened in the shop and not in a parking lot or elsewhere.

Regarding the spark plug issue. Any dealership, any brand would only replace the faulty part. Why replace the others; they are brand new? No brand will warranty parts you have removed on your own. Any problem that can't be verified, they can't warranty.

Last edited by tech2; January 13th, 2014 at 8:54 PM.