Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

New Format

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2016, 11:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 204 Likes on 178 Posts
Default New Format

Good Day
Really liking the new layout, much easier on my eyes and less pop ups to maneuver around. Wondering if we could get a "new posts" on the bottom of the page as well, and also a "mark forums read".
Thanks, Red
Old April 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red,
Take a look at the username dropdown in the top right corner for quick links to New Posts and Mark Forums Read as well as several other useful links.

New Format-new_layout_2d6d765ebf7bf4929c7f8f9d8f6a37493cf3a6a8.png
Old April 26th, 2016, 10:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 204 Likes on 178 Posts

Thanks, I use those but would prefer them on the bottom too - maybe cuz I'm a lefty??
Old May 27th, 2016, 1:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Take a look at the username dropdown in the top right corner for quick links to New Posts and Mark Forums Read as well as several other useful links.
The Mark Forums Read feature is not working. If you click it, it clears everything out, but the if you reload the page or come back during another browser session, it reverts back to showing all the unread threads even though nothing new has been added.. It worked before the change, now it does not.
Old May 27th, 2016, 1:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blue-impala
The Mark Forums Read feature is not working. If you click it, it clears everything out, but the if you reload the page or come back during another browser session, it reverts back to showing all the unread threads even though nothing new has been added.. It worked before the change, now it does not.
What browser are you using? Are you browsing in incognito mode or with cookies turned off by chance?
Old May 27th, 2016, 2:34 PM
CF Junior Member

What browser are you using? Are you browsing in incognito mode or with cookies turned off by chance?
Just the standard issue of Chrome, nothing different or special, no incognito mode, cookies are on. Like I said, this all occurred after the format change, it worked fine with the old format.

Last edited by blue-impala; May 27th, 2016 at 2:37 PM.
Old May 27th, 2016, 2:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Now I am having an issue with quoting something, it does not appear in italics as it should, just a line in front of the text and standard text. Shows up this way in Firefox, Internet Explorer as well as Chrome.

| Sample Text Example
Old May 27th, 2016, 3:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Thanks, and the new quoting should look just like you describe and look like this:

Mark forums read works on our side but we will try to replicate. Even when logging out and back in the subforum icons are all this "read" icon:

This is what they are prior to marking them as read: