New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2003 Silverado Z71

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2024, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Silverado Z71

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself and my 2003 Chevy Silverado. I bought this truck Jan. of 2023 and it's been a good truck so far. Mechanically the truck is sound, I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere, but in the looks department that's another story. The rockers and cab corners are rusted, but then again most GM trucks from this era are that way. The front clip is a little out of whack, the hood doesn't close properly and has gaps that I don't see on other cat eye Chevys. Oh well it's a daily not a show truck. It has the 5.3L engine, G80 rear end with 3.73 gears, and just your basic truck stuff.

Old May 2nd, 2024, 7:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Welcome from Florida.
The following users liked this post:
hershy314 (May 2nd, 2024)
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it may have had a minor front end altercation in the last 21 years. 🤔
Old May 2nd, 2024, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it may have had a minor front end altercation in the last 21 years. 🤔
If it has it was not told to me nor was it reported cause I ran a vin check and no accidents popped up. All I know is that the front clip panels don't line up very well and the truck pulls to the left.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Ok so this is interesting, I just did another vin search on my truck and it shows an accident in Crossville TN in 2019. I was told that this truck had never been in accident by the person I bought it from. My truck was hit on the right side far front. That could explain why the hood sits a little high on the left side, and maybe why it pulls to the left a little. I'm a little mad that I'm just now finding out about this, but what can I do I've owned the truck for a year and a half now?
Old May 5th, 2024, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

I read where if the accident is not reported to the insurance company or the police, it won't show up on any VIN searches.
Old May 5th, 2024, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
I read where if the accident is not reported to the insurance company or the police, it won't show up on any VIN searches.
I did end up finding one accident using a new vin search website. It states that in Crossville TN my truck was hit in the right side far front at an angle. This happened in 2019, why it didn't show up else where is beyond me. But it would explain why the front of my truck looks the way it does. Of course you really gotta look to see all the imperfections. And it could also possibly explain why it pulls the left quite a bit, of course alignment could also be to blame.