Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 Tahoe door lock/unlock horn setting

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2011, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Tahoe door lock/unlock horn setting

No matter how I set the locking and unlocking Feedback I cannot get the horn to beep the first time I use the remote to lock or unlock. I have to press the lock or unlock button on remote twice. Am I doing something wrong?
Old December 12th, 2011, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you tried to reprogram your remote,like starting from the beginning. The owners manual might have a way on how to do this. if not ,look to the Google god. you should be able to over ride the two step door locks with out driver priority locking. right now it looks like you have driver priority locking first or your doing this wrong. Seems kind of strange to me that its set up this way. that is done mostly for unlocking. Your going to have to reprogram your remote to do this. there are some other forums on the net that list the instruction on how to do this. do a Google search. I think it involves pressing door locks a cretin number of times as well as the remote in order to achieve that certain function that your looking for. I don't know the sequencing of this but I know its out there. I've seen it done on the 01 02 03 etc. to reprogram the remote. but your remote seems to be set for drivers priority for locking, that is used for unlocking the truck though. what you want is all lock, horn beep, and driver priority unlock. ie. drivers side first all the rest of the doors seconded to unlock. Come to think it I did have this information, My big lab-retriever knocked over the notebook one day while trying to steal bread off the table,the drive was toast. I'm going to have to look for this again on the net. If I find It I will post it for you. I might need it again someday.

The only way to get around this is if you never find that elusive information is by installing an aftermarket Alarm system. It will lock all doors on the first press of the button. i.e. passive or active. All door lsock at the first press of the remote button. ( the horn beeps) you could also set it up to unlock all doors at once or use the GM 2 step process for unlocking. I set up my suburban to do 1 button lock and one horn beep. and the two step unlock. also installed a remote start.

to rephrase this , this is what you have

Driver priority lock \ unlock. ( two step lock & unlock, horn beeps on 2nd button press on both steps )

This what you need to program in

Locking, All doors lock (1 button press - 1 horn beep ) -- Unlocking- Driver Priority unlock( two button step unlock,) drives doors unlocks first on 1 button press, then rest of doors unlock on the 2nd press ) ( horn does not beep for unlocking)

Remember you do not want the driver priority for locking ,only unlocking.

Last edited by NMguy; December 12th, 2011 at 4:36 AM.
Old December 14th, 2011, 8:18 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

sfd4: Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure you can program it to beep after one "lock" press. Best bet is to check the owner's manual.