09-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Join Date: Aug 2006
RE: 07 outside mirror glass removal
Mirror Face Replacement
Caution: Approved safety glasses and gloves should be worn when performing this procedure to reduce the chance of personal injury.
Notice: When servicing electrochromic glass that is broken, or if glass breaks during servicing, be cautious not to spill electrochromic fluid onto vehicle. Doing so will cause damage to the vehicle.
Position the mirror face outward on a angle with the mirror housing.
Remove the mirror face as follows:
1. Position the hand in the center of the mirror face.
2. Apply light pressure.
3. Push upward releasing the motor retainers from the mirror back.
4. Holding the mirror face, disconnect the electrical connectors from the back of the mirror.
Position the mirror face on a angle to the mirror housing.
Install the mirror face as follows:
1. Holding the mirror face, connect the electrical connectors to the back of the mirror.
2. Position the mirror face to the motor retainer tabs.
3. Position the hand in the center of the mirror face.
4. Apply light pressure to the face.
5. Push downward and inward to lock in place.
6. Inspect the mirror face for proper operation.
Hope this helps.