Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe XM radio No signal

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2016, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe XM radio No signal

I need help. My 07 Tahoe all of a sudden last week started having spotty signal on Xm Radio. It was going in and out. Now there is no xm signal on any channel. My Navigation, AM/FM and everything checks out fine. Checked all connections except for headliner/visor area. I didnt have time to look on how to access that area. Stealership wants like almost 400 to replace xm tuner and antenna. Already had Xm resend signal and still no luck. Thanks
Old February 24th, 2016, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Wow, I was just getting ready to post an identical problem. Mine had hit or miss reception since I picked it up, but didn't think much since we live in area with a lot of large trees. But yesterday my took a turn and is down 100% of the time now. I would be interested in finding out if it would be possible to use a cheap XM antenna to plug into the tuner to figure out if it is the antenna or tuner.
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Yea, what do you know, I took module off and knocked it around for a little bit put it back in and 2 hours later when i went back and left XM was back on. 30 minutes later and when i left dead again. I have an aftermarket XM antenna but i dont know if it will fit so I gotta figure if its loose or ripped antenna line or just bad module.
Old February 26th, 2016, 8:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DamnUChevy
I need help. My 07 Tahoe all of a sudden last week started having spotty signal on Xm Radio. It was going in and out. Now there is no xm signal on any channel. My Navigation, AM/FM and everything checks out fine. Checked all connections except for headliner/visor area. I didnt have time to look on how to access that area. Stealership wants like almost 400 to replace xm tuner and antenna. Already had Xm resend signal and still no luck. Thanks
Hello DamnUChevy,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your XM radio. It's great to hear you've proactively reached out to the dealership and if you'd like, we'd be happy to touch base with them for clarification. We're available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of the involved dealership to move forward.

Thanks!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 26th, 2016, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DamnUChevy
Yea, what do you know, I took module off and knocked it around for a little bit put it back in and 2 hours later when i went back and left XM was back on. 30 minutes later and when i left dead again. I have an aftermarket XM antenna but i dont know if it will fit so I gotta figure if its loose or ripped antenna line or just bad module.

Have you had time to see if that aftermarket antenna will plug in to check the module?
Old March 9th, 2016, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by themickeyd
Have you had time to see if that aftermarket antenna will plug in to check the module?
Worked perfect. Looks like it was the antenna. My antenna that I had laying around from my portable Xm radio worked perfect and so this is my temp fix until I can replace old antenna.
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Great to hear DamnUChevy, mine has come back on and is staying on. But I am going to pick up a cheap antenna to check when my goes all the way out.
Old March 27th, 2016, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2004 Tahoe and I keep getting a Unknown Radio ID whenever I tune to channel 0 so I can activate the service. I'm not sure if mine is the XM Tuner or the antenna.

Any suggestions?
Old March 28th, 2016, 1:05 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by edfox71
I have a 2004 Tahoe and I keep getting a Unknown Radio ID whenever I tune to channel 0 so I can activate the service. I'm not sure if mine is the XM Tuner or the antenna.

Any suggestions?
I suspect the radio ID should be built in and not dependent on a working signal.
I'd suggest disconnecting the battery for several minutes to see if it will reset.
Be sure to have the ignition off and the key out or you risk setting of the security and may not be able to restart the vehicle...