Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

07' Sub Throttle position sensor (anyone replace it)?

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2013, 5:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the direction!!! Ordering now!
Old January 1st, 2013, 8:27 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

No problem :-) Remember that the new TB will need to go through a learn process so your ideal will be high or uneven for a few drive cycles..be sure to read the TB cleaning link for more info :-) consider replacing the TB gasket if one is not included.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 suburban and about 2 days ago my fuel gauge stopped working and the information center where it shows how many miles to empty went from numbers to dashes then the next day the information center showed messages saying engine power is reducing, stabilitrak off, and service stability traction then it started to slow down and wouldn't go any faster than 25 mph and then cut off. it restarted a few times and slowly but surely made it home. since then it starts but as soon as you try to drive it the messages pop up and it cuts off sometimes it will restart and sometimes it wont even turn over so frustrated!!!!!
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tasha1975,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this concern. We can certainly look into this for you. Please let us know if your plan of action entails having your GM dealership look into this.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 26th, 2013, 9:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default replacing throttle position sensor 2007 chevy tahoe

so from what I read in the previous post about replacing throttle position sensor is, the entire throttle body has to be replaced?...., 30 min job?....also is there is any special tools needed, or is something that is relatively easy to do or capable being done?....if not how much should a mechanic charge & much is the entire throttle body?
Old October 27th, 2013, 7:38 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum...
Post #19 has a link that shows how to clean the throttle body, but it also involves removing and re-installing so that would cover replacement
No special tools other then a torque wrench (not really necessary but better to use)
Also understand that there is a learning period for the new throttle body, so the vehicle will idle differently for a period of time.(up to a couple of weeks depending on your driving habits)
Old October 30th, 2013, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

I had a 09 that we replaced the throttle position sensor I had the dealer do it tho but it would rev high then slow down just like then sensor did not know the position of the foot feet good thing it only did it in park
Old October 15th, 2014, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Been There,Done that

Exactly the same issue I used to have. I got the same messages (Stabilitrack & Traction control) on the display, but intermittent check engine lights, too. I finally managed to get to a place to check while the CEL was on & was reading a cylinder 7 misfire. The dealership didn't have a clue & even took my truck apart- replacing lifters only in the end.
The problem persisted & the dealership was no help. FINALLY, I got a good local mechanic that discovered that the injector was bad. Apparently it was stuck open sometimes & created a Domino effect of lights & perceived issues. $140 for parts & labor after more than 2 years of the dealership telling me it was nothing.

Last edited by BurbinMomma; October 15th, 2014 at 9:52 PM.
Old October 17th, 2014, 9:30 AM
Administrator

BurbinMomma
Welcome to the forum, thanks for that helpful info...
It is important to remember that the codes are often only indicators of perceived symptoms and not always the actual failure...
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Red face 07 Sub TPS trouble code

Originally Posted by RJK
2007 Suburban LTZ
<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Has anyone changed out the Throttle position sensor? From what I’m told it is not under hood but on the gas pedal inside the cabin. The check engine light is on showing the code for the TPS, it is the entire gas pedal assembly any one change this out and if so how difficult and any special tools needed.
<o></o>
Thanks
Hi, I too have the check engine light on and I hooked up my code reader (from AutoZone) and it gave me the code: P0121 Throttle Position Sensor/Gas Pedal - Performance issue ; You might go to a parts store and see if they have a code reader that you can borrow on site and see exactly what code yours is pulling up?
Anyone else have anything more on this trouble code P0121? Thanks

Quick Reply: 07' Sub Throttle position sensor (anyone replace it)?