Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

07' Sub Throttle position sensor (anyone replace it)?

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2015, 7:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the throttle position sensor is built into the throttle body. The sensor itself cannot be replaced. You have to replace the entire throttle body unit. Dumb, I know. I just ordered a new throttle body from Amazon. ACDelco 217-2422 is the part you need. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000NW...1329744&sr=8-1
I haven't put mine on yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out when I do.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Throttle Position Sensor

I didn't have time to read all the other posts but you can order the TPS alone.
Autozone or RockAuto carry them as Well TPS4270. Google that part number, you'll find it. Cost $45 from both parties.

This is a tough one to find, but it can be found, I picked one up this am for myself.

Hope that wasn't redundant, and helped someone.
Old January 21st, 2015, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

AmpedUp Welcome to the forum

Much like titantn24 I was under the impression that the TPS was part of the whole throttle body assembly.... please do let us know how your repair goes... depending on the amount of miles you have I would consider replacing the entire TB assembly with the TPS built in, I base that solely on opinion that the TB does wear over time and its easily accessible and is not overly expensive...
NOTE: there is also a TPS attached to the accelerator pedal that is also replaceable and I believe also comes as one unit with the pedal attached....
Old January 22nd, 2015, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks, I replaced the tps other night, works great now. Like new again. As lomg as you inspect the throttle body, accuator gears and clean it all up, if theres no obvious problems. The TPS will likely work.
There is a pedal sensor/assembly in the vehicle that communicates but its not likely to go out in a protected environment.
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ordered both from the dealership

I ordered my TPS & brake pedal position sensor both from the dealership, $50 each. The code is for both (TPS & BPPS) as a multi-code. The TPS has been installed already & I'm still getting a code...probably because I haven't installed the BPPS yet due to crap weather & no garage space. The BPPS is also what controls the cruise, which for me has not worked in 2 years but I didn't get a code until the TPS was acting up. I only get intermittent CEL's now- on for a day, off for 3 days. Even without parts codes, you can order from the dealership, you just might need to do some digging to figure out if they have some other name that they call it (apparently Ford calls it a BPPS & Chevy has a different name, even though my receipt showed it as a BPPS). Good luck!

Much like titantn24 I was under the impression that the TPS was part of the whole throttle body assembly.... please do let us know how your repair goes...
Old January 31st, 2015, 10:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Talking Throttle Body finally replaced

Finally had a break in the cold temps here on Thursday, so I was able to replace my throttle body. Was a pretty easy job with only a hose clamp, two nuts and two bolts to loosen. I was surprised by how dirty the butterfly valve was. Perhaps that's to be expected with 137K miles. I swapped out the old gasket for a new one and bolted the shiny new TB on. I erased the fault and tried doing the idle relearn process I found on here, but it didn't work for me. I ended up driving around 100 miles round trip on Friday and by the time I got home, she was idling normal again. I read that driving at speeds over 44 mph and stopping frequently speeds up the relearn. I was definitely doing that on a Friday afternoon in rush hour traffic, so I'm sure that helped. The wife is so happy that she can use the remote start again now that the fault is gone. Happy wife = happy life.
Old October 1st, 2015, 4:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 GMC Yukon throttle position sensor

Has anyone ever replaced the TPS sensor on a 2007 GMC YUKON 5.3l. I've been told you CANT buy just the sensor. I found one a rockauto.com If so does it require a relearn process?
Old October 1st, 2015, 8:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Joey2506 Welcome to the forum, yes if you replace the TPS it will likely need a relearn, you can have it done at the dealer or do the manual learn of driving it in city traffic. Be mindful of the sudden surge it may have during the relearn i.e. don't tailgate and do be heavy on the brake pedal during the relearn period...
Old October 1st, 2015, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome thanks!!
Old March 27th, 2016, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Talking Confused

So I was getting the same code in my '05 Burb. It was giving me "reduced engine power" and check engine light. It was a Throttle Position Sensor code. Well the sensor is riveted onto the throttle body, so I replaced the whole thing, got the part from RockAuto.com for a reasonable price. The code was cleared and the system re-learned everything. Was working great until a few days ago, and now I am getting the exact same issues?!?!? I am not sure what to do or what it could be? I have heard it could be a lose wire, and I checked as best as I could and could not get it to repeat. I am not a mechanic, I am a parts replacer! I suck at diagnosing and am looking for any help I can get!!

I also created a new thread before I found this one, here is the link for it. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...reduced-77299/

Could it be the Throttle Control Actuator? When I disconnected the wires that runs from the gas pedal module, (not sure what it is called), that goes through the firewall into the TCA it put out the same message, reduced engine power, but again the wires seemed ok?? HELP!!!!!

Last edited by Cpt. Firepants; March 27th, 2016 at 6:35 PM.