Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Major issues 2007 Suburban LTZ 1500 5.3 4WD

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2022, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major issues 2007 Suburban LTZ 1500 5.3 4WD

I purchased this vehicle from my boss’ wife last June. Single owner, the truck is plush. They had just put in a new engine, new transmission, new catalytic converter, revamped the AC, new tires, all the fixings. He bought himself a brand new GMC Sierra so a few months of feeling bad, he ended up buying her a brand new Tahoe so I offered to buy the truck from them and I did.
It ran fine for a few months then out of the blue the transmission started getting stuck when shifting out of third gear. It would happen once or twice a week, it would get stuck…the rpm would jump all high and it would just rev until we pulled over or let it slow down and it would catch then drive normal. After about a month it started doing it every day. I have all receipts for the tranny and engine so I took everything to the mechanic because it’s all under warranty. Everything checked out and I was told it’s a electrical issue. I’ve taken it to three different mechanics because no one wants to bother to help me out. It’s at a shop now, it’s been there a month. He’s installed a new ECM and BCM and says now it doesn’t shift at all. Whenever it was doing this, if I kept the gas pedal pressed, the RPM would rise…and once it got high enough, I would get the Stabilitrack warning, the check engine light starts blinking, and then after a few seconds it will catch and shift into gear then drive normal. He’s telling me now to get an ABS Module because he thinks that has something to do with the shifting. Before I start spending more money, has anybody had this issue? They sold me the truck for a good price, I really don’t want to get rid of it (I doubt I’d be able to if it’s not even shifting now) I’m stuck and don’t know what to do. The first couple mechanics were getting random misfire codes but nothing solid and repetitive. One guy even told me the truck gave him no issues, I picked it up and made it 4 blocks and it started acting up again. I feel like this is one of those mysterious 2007 ‘Burban issues that no one wants to deal with. Do I dump it or try and save it? She’s a beauty…
Old April 16th, 2022, 9:50 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Moving to the Suburban section of the Forum where you will get more views as this is the welcome new member section.
Old April 16th, 2022, 9:53 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Not sure why the transmission shop is not standing behind it.
Old April 16th, 2022, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Not sure why the transmission shop is not standing behind it.
after verifying that the issue wasn’t the tranny or engine, which were both under warranty still, he didn’t want to bother with it. After having it there for almost three weeks I just picked it up and took it elsewhere. He was bothered from the very beginning because now that I’m the owner of the truck he had to honor the warranty being transferred over as well.
Old April 16th, 2022, 4:25 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnPPerez
I purchased this vehicle from my boss’ wife last June. Single owner, the truck is plush. They had just put in a new engine, new transmission, new catalytic converter, revamped the AC, new tires, all the fixings. He bought himself a brand new GMC Sierra so a few months of feeling bad, he ended up buying her a brand new Tahoe so I offered to buy the truck from them and I did.
It ran fine for a few months then out of the blue the transmission started getting stuck when shifting out of third gear. It would happen once or twice a week, it would get stuck…the rpm would jump all high and it would just rev until we pulled over or let it slow down and it would catch then drive normal. After about a month it started doing it every day. I have all receipts for the tranny and engine so I took everything to the mechanic because it’s all under warranty. Everything checked out and I was told it’s a electrical issue. I’ve taken it to three different mechanics because no one wants to bother to help me out. It’s at a shop now, it’s been there a month. He’s installed a new ECM and BCM and says now it doesn’t shift at all. Whenever it was doing this, if I kept the gas pedal pressed, the RPM would rise…and once it got high enough, I would get the Stabilitrack warning, the check engine light starts blinking, and then after a few seconds it will catch and shift into gear then drive normal. He’s telling me now to get an ABS Module because he thinks that has something to do with the shifting. Before I start spending more money, has anybody had this issue? They sold me the truck for a good price, I really don’t want to get rid of it (I doubt I’d be able to if it’s not even shifting now) I’m stuck and don’t know what to do. The first couple mechanics were getting random misfire codes but nothing solid and repetitive. One guy even told me the truck gave him no issues, I picked it up and made it 4 blocks and it started acting up again. I feel like this is one of those mysterious 2007 ‘Burban issues that no one wants to deal with. Do I dump it or try and save it? She’s a beauty…
Do you have an abs light? Is the speedometer reading correctly?
Old April 16th, 2022, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

No ABS light comes on. Only the Service Stabilitrack and Service Traction Control and the check engine light blinks. Then it will catch, shift and go away.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5081.MOV (15.83 MB, 9 views)