Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Suburban Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2011, 3:13 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Thought you said they replaced the APP, not the TPS.
Old September 29th, 2011, 4:00 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

yea i think we went over this before in another thread. the TPS and APP are 2 sensors / systems.

does the tahoe re-map them at any point? Like making it more aggressive in 4 wheel drive to compensate for the added drag on the engine?

or back it off in 4-low so it's not as touchy?

because both would be cool, if options in the DIC.

of course, the whole idea of throttle mapping would be useless to 95% of their customers... so I'm gonna go with... no.
Old October 6th, 2011, 8:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any fix to this issue? This past saturday I had a hard shift and then the stability track off light came on. Happened a few times over the weekend. I drove from Ohio to VA with maybe one or two instances. Then the past two days seems to get worst. Happening more frequently, and traction control off and now check engine light. Code for CE was #7 misfiring so I don't see how that would have anything to do with the Stability and Traction. Tahoe did start idling rough over the weekend but thought/hoped it was bad gas as I had just filled up off the Interstate.

So...any fix yet?
Old October 19th, 2011, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default My fix

So I power dusted the interior of the engine with an air blower to get out dirt from all the little crevasses then I wiped everything down with a clean cloth. I reset the error by turning the wheel 180 degrees clockwise then back again and restarted the engine. Let the engine sit off for 15 minutes then started again and had no warnings. However, what I think fixed it for me was that I now keep the gas tank above 1/4 tank at all times. Since I've done that, I haven't had a problem since. I know that all sensors are connected so I figured there must be a problem with the gas tank since we had the APP sensor and pedal replaced. Maybe keeping some gas in the tank will help for others? I don't know. But it's working for me so far.
Old October 20th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Junior Member

fixed so far....

A while back I intermittently received a TPS light; thought nothing of it. Weeks later everything else started; didn't think it was related.

CE light stated #7 misfire. Replaced the plug which was spoiled and drove it for about a week with no issues.

TPS light is back. It doesn't stay on long few times an hour for maybe a minute or so. So I fixed what was causing the stability and traction control (#7 plug) but have yet to determine what is causing damage to the plug and if the TPS is related or not.
Old April 30th, 2012, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

From what I've read on this and many other posts, there are MANY things that can cause these lights to come on. I have an 07 LT3 that is stock. I recently had the tranny and xfer case flushed by the dealer, and now have traction control/stabiltrak/ABS lights on. I am heading back tomorrow.
Old April 17th, 2022, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by impdaddy
Actually no I haven't fixed it. Best info I found on the internet is that it is probably a wheel/tire sensor. It still runs ok and just the annoying ding of the dash info is the down side. Anyone else have any good info? Thanks,
Did you ever get this fixed and if so, how? I’m having the same issue. And it’s gotten to the point to where my vehicle doesn’t even shift out of first gear anymore. New tranny, engine, almost everything under the hood is new. I’m about ready to give up on it.