Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Off-Roading Guides
Print Wikipost

Service Stabilitrak 2007 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2011, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabilitrak 2007 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

I have got this message a few times now but today I decided to play with it a bit. I read a bunch of other post listed here and noone has a solutuion or a suspect part. I also noticed erratic and rough shifting for the remaining commute (10-15 miles). I tried to restart the engine but only waited 5-10 seconds. Once I got back in the truck several hours later all was clear... I have erratic shifting from time to time anyway but it was awful when this message was present... I had no other visual indications of any issues...
Old June 16th, 2011, 9:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

klondike,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you spoken with your local Chevrolet dealership for a diagnosis? Also, how long have you noticed this issue?

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 16th, 2011, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

It has happened 2 times now... I cant recall the erratic shifting on he first event but I did pull over pretty quick and try to re-engage the Stabilitrak system and ended up shutting the truck off. I tried that yesterday and it didnt reset since I probably didnt allow it to remain off long enough. I have an appointment for Monday to have it looked at. Thanks for the interest! Are there any solutions common to this issue? I see alot of post GM wide in regards to Stabilitrak but the collateral issues seem wide spread...
Old June 17th, 2011, 9:11 AM
Official GM Rep

klondike,

Please let me know what your dealership has to say and if they get your vehicle fixed. Unfortunately, I do not have technical experience so I am unable to comment if there are any solutions for the issue. I do look forward to see what your dealership has to say. If the issue does not get fixed then I can take a look further into this issue for you.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default what was the issue?

I am having the same problem, what was the solution? I have read a lot of posts too. Answers vary from broken intake clogging throtle body, fuses, pcm etc.. Sounds like issue is one that is not a do it yourself job anyway. Just trying to find out costs to fix. As I have been reading, this problem can cause multiple trips to the dealer, which is costly and what I really do not want to happen. Any guidance is appreciated.
Old November 21st, 2011, 1:42 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> If you ever see the 'Service Stability' message, it means there may be a problem with your Stabilitrak system. If you see this message try to reset the system (stop; turn off the engine; then start the engine again). If the 'Service Stability' message still comes on, it means there is a problem. You should see your dealer for service. The vehicle is safe to drive; however, you do not have the benefit of Stabilitrak, so reduce your speed and drive accordingly. Press the select button to acknowledge the message and clear it from the DIC display. Keep us posted!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 31st, 2011, 1:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default update for those interested,

I took my truck to a dealer and they said the problem was with the number 8 spark plug wire not seating correctly and causing a missfire. Not sure how that relates but I have not had a problem since.

Something must have happened after the pistons were replaced (covered under warranty) for oil consumption problems, so they did not charge me for this either.

Now, I feel like the truck shifts more stiffly between first and second. I figure I will change the gear oils and see if that helps.
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same issue with my truck and also back-firing, took the truck to the dealer and they said one of the cylinders had lost compression because a pushrod broke and they ended up rebuilding the heads (under warranty).
1 day After i got the truck back the same code came back on as well as traction control maintenance and the engine light came on, took it back to the dealer and they said it was a TPS code which means i had to clean my K&N filter.
I cleaned my filter and made sure the MAF sensor was cleaned as well, reset the codes and the stability and traction control maintenance came back on, as well as the engine light and the shifting is really rough as well...
Going back to the dealer this week to see what else they say, but i did not have any of these issues before the pushrod broke and the dealer does not seem to help much.
Old March 5th, 2012, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

My 07.5 has been doing the "Service Stabilitrak" and "ABS Off" lights for almost 2 years now, usually 2-3 times a year. Ive taken it in everytime since it still has warranty on it, and they still cant find what the problem is. I do notice though, that a day or two before, im guessing from the ABS, that my brakes act like theyre clunking. Very annoying issue, but my its almost payed off!
Old March 17th, 2012, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 silverado with the stabilitrak light on, I took it to my dealer and they found a wiring harness in the steering was bad. They have ordered the part but its on back order. I will repost when its fixed and if it solves my issue

Quick Reply: Service Stabilitrak 2007 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab