Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe Ball Joints and Torsion Rods

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2010, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Tahoe Ball Joints and Torsion Rods

Okay so it's a 4x4, first off. The deal is the front end is sitting low. When I first got it I threw caution to the wind and cranked up my torsion bars most of the way and it sat perfectly level front to back. I had a couple bad ball joints after a while and replaced all four front joints. Now when I slapped it all back it looks like it did when I first got it where the front is way lower than the back.

Actually I shouldn't say *I* did anything. Had a buddy do it. So yeah.. I'm wondering if when the bars came out for the work and got re-installed did it reset my t-bar lift or did something else get changed in the process? Basically I'm thinking having my t-bars adjusted still, which isn't a great idea in the first place, Plus having the truck at the normal downward angle might be a real heavy strain on my suspension. Or would it basically be back to normal now since the suspension travel would go back to normal?

I just had this work finished (and got an alignment) last night. I'm about to take a seriously long road trip (later today) and would really appreciate any input on this. I'd hate to bind my CV while out in he middle of who-knows-where.
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your friend more than likely backed off the torsion bar bolts, take a look at them, also it is wise to get another alignment after lifting it up again
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

A Tahoe's normal stance is w/ a slight rake.