Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe interior leak

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2014, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update

I am still waiting to get approval for the new truck. The dealer tells me it takes about 2 weeks. I don't quite understand why since they have already located the exact match. I was also told that there would be a usage charge for the defective vehicle. I said uhm, no, I didn't ask for the truck to be defective and I am not paying another dime. I can't believe they treat loyal customers like this. I will post again when there is some resolution.
The following users liked this post:
Hobbit (August 31st, 2021)
Old June 16th, 2014, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we went through that process I'm almost certain that they told us no usage fees if we get another vehicle. We opted not to and had to pay some use age which I was ok with. Don't let them make you pay fees. Just tell them NO. You will get bbb involved if you have to. Can't let them bully you.
Old June 16th, 2014, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default I think I found another person with the same issue

I found this post on Edmunds......

I bought the 2015 LTZ Tahoe on 3/10/2014...... I SO REGRET IT....... I was so excited and didn’t buy a car last year waiting for the new model... What a disappointment.... On our first trip the air conditioner condensate leaked at the passenger visor clip. I took it to Davis Chevrolet (where I bought it) across the Reliant Stadium on the 610 Loop, and they could not find why it leaked. So I picked it up. Then two weeks later on the first hot day 4/28/2014 in Houston on my way home I turn on the air conditioner and the A/C was not working. Luckily the shop closes at 7:00PM, so I drove it in. The service rep saw the A/C was not working the front the back no A/C on the seats. They took it in and they call me the next day that the A/C began to work on its own. And it was ready for pick up ..... It’s still in the shop b/c I did not agree to pick it up, they still can’t find out what’s wrong with it a month later......It’s a nice vehicle but in Houston you need A/C. If you feel A/C is not necessary then it’s a good purchase.... Too bad I live in Houston, and it gets above 100 in the summer....Oh and today 5/17 I found out there is a new recall on the 2015 Tahoe........What to do??? What a way to enjoy a new purchase…..
Old June 16th, 2014, 9:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I bought a 2015 Tahoe less than 45 days ago and its been in the shop twice for interior leaking. They can't seem to find the issue so their solution at this point is to rip down the headliner and remove the insulation and put silicone on the frame. They also told me that my head room will end up being lower and they will put less insulation in. I have made a complaint to Chevrolet and I don't think they care. I do not want this vehicle and I am requesting another. For 65000.00 they should take their lemon back and give me another one. The dealer told me Chevy will not put me in a new one. I also found out from the dealer that there are two other Tahoes in the USA with the same issue and they can't fix theirs either.......
Is there a sunroof on yours?

Are you finding puddles on the floor?

From rain? or when driving in the rain?

Has anyone done any type of leak test?
Old June 17th, 2014, 7:28 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM Quality

I tried to warn you guys
Old June 17th, 2014, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Is there a sunroof on yours?

Are you finding puddles on the floor?

From rain? or when driving in the rain?

Has anyone done any type of leak test?

Yes there is a sunroof. No puddles on the floor, it leaks on the passenger seat. It is from the rain and it's there when I get in it in the morning if it's raining and when I drive around in it. I would assume they did a leak test before they would replace the vehicle...
Old June 23rd, 2014, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Leak 2015 Tahoe

We've had our Tahoe since February. Today, on the way home from vacation it started leaking by the visor.
It did rain about a hour prior to it leaking.
How have y'all come along with the issues y'all have faced?
This is one of many other issues we've had!!
Taking it to dealer tomorrow.
Old June 24th, 2014, 7:48 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Its most likely blocked sunroof drain gutters... open the sunroof and inspect the drain ports for blockage... see this thread for where the drain hole is...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...leaning-37394/
Old June 24th, 2014, 8:36 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Felicityb
We've had our Tahoe since February. Today, on the way home from vacation it started leaking by the visor.
It did rain about a hour prior to it leaking.
How have y'all come along with the issues y'all have faced?
This is one of many other issues we've had!!
Taking it to dealer tomorrow.
Let us know how your dealership visit goes, Felicityb. We're sorry that you're experiencing water leaking and other possible issues with your new Tahoe. If there's anything we can do to help with your concerns we're available by private message. Just send us your VIN, contact information and dealership name and we're more than happy to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 25th, 2014, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

I posted a thread about my 2015 in this forum. Had some issues and they have been pushing through them to get them fixed. Air conditioner had issues in the beginning, they fixed it. Paint had rust spots and they clayed them out and haven't returned. Rear hatch gets snagged on the way up, they have it now for a replacement of the rear spoiler that is causing the binding. The steering is clicking on left turns and they have it for the second time to try and narrow it down. We have been driving loaner cars more than our own cars lately and its been tough.

The GM of Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana, CA has been in direct contact with me during my issues. He has ordered us new 20" wheels and tires, at his own cost, to replace our 18" wheels we have to make up for all the issues we have been dealing with. They are installing them now and we will be picking it up tomorrow after the other repairs are done. I have to say, we've never been treated like this from a GM. I was shocked he did this but this type of customer service is what will keep me in a Chevrolet. I'm grateful for his actions and the wife is happy, which makes me happy. I'll post an update when they get the steering clicking sound figured out.

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe interior leak