Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe interior leak

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2014, 6:56 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fixed

Originally Posted by a454elk
I posted a thread about my 2015 in this forum. Had some issues and they have been pushing through them to get them fixed. Air conditioner had issues in the beginning, they fixed it. Paint had rust spots and they clayed them out and haven't returned. Rear hatch gets snagged on the way up, they have it now for a replacement of the rear spoiler that is causing the binding. The steering is clicking on left turns and they have it for the second time to try and narrow it down. We have been driving loaner cars more than our own cars lately and its been tough.

The GM of Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana, CA has been in direct contact with me during my issues. He has ordered us new 20" wheels and tires, at his own cost, to replace our 18" wheels we have to make up for all the issues we have been dealing with. They are installing them now and we will be picking it up tomorrow after the other repairs are done. I have to say, we've never been treated like this from a GM. I was shocked he did this but this type of customer service is what will keep me in a Chevrolet. I'm grateful for his actions and the wife is happy, which makes me happy. I'll post an update when they get the steering clicking sound figured out.

I'm glad they are fixing the issues for you... but should they have ever existed?
Old June 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to have the perfect car but I don't think that exists anymore. With the rush to put out the newest model, less time for quality control. I'm happy overall, once the kinks are worked out it should be fine I hope.
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Suburban LTZ leak.

We got our 2015 LTZ Burb about a week ago and my wife sends these pics to me while I was reading this thread.

This is the second time she driven it in the rain, you boys got any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Tahoe interior leak-2015-suburban-ltz-leak.jpg   2015 Tahoe interior leak-2015-suburban-ltz-leak-2.jpg  
Old January 4th, 2015, 1:21 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Do you have the sunroof? if so I suspect the drain tube is leaking....
Old January 4th, 2015, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

I hope it is somthing that simple. I knew I should have waited till the 2016s came out.
Old January 5th, 2015, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue in the Tahoe and after Chevy ripped apart the whole truck they found the issue. I guess the plant that made them the robot didn't seal the top correct. They replaced my vehicle. So they are aware of this issue. I would call them and let them know. I'm pretty sure they have the fix for it. Good luck.
Old January 5th, 2015, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I had the same issue in the Tahoe and after Chevy ripped apart the whole truck they found the issue. I guess the plant that made them the robot didn't seal the top correct. They replaced my vehicle. So they are aware of this issue. I would call them and let them know. I'm pretty sure they have the fix for it. Good luck.
Looks like the same issue. Getting the run around at this time from The dealer. what dealer did you use If they don't replace it.

Last edited by jason.muzzy; January 5th, 2015 at 5:49 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jason.muzzy
Looks like the same issue. Getting the run around at this time from The dealer. what dealer did you use If they don't replace it.
I went through Best Chevrolet in hingham, ma. I would call customer care and tell them the complaint and let them know there have been other 2015 trucks with the same issue. They passed me on to the executive office when I called them. That's who got me the new replacement.
Old January 6th, 2015, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I went through Best Chevrolet in hingham, ma. I would call customer care and tell them the complaint and let them know there have been other 2015 trucks with the same issue. They passed me on to the executive office when I called them. That's who got me the new replacement.
I bought it at Blades Chevrolet in Mount Vernon, WA, they are being more than helpful. I am sure they will make it right. Going in today to talk with them.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Tahoe LTZ interior leak

This story is just beginning. First a little background.

After seeing the new 2015 Tahoe at the February 2014 New York Auto show, i had to wait several months just to order a 2015 LTZ in a new color combo that wouldn't be available for ordering until October 2014 and finally accepting delivery in late November 2014.

I had to extend my previous vehicles expiring lease 3 times in order to accommodate the delivery time and thankfully it delivered just as my last lease extension ran out. I picked it up and was happy to take it home. I even filled out that follow up customer satisfaction survey from Chevy and commented how "SATISFIED" i was based on my experience. Should have waited on that a little bit though.

But just a little after 5 weeks and less than a thousand miles we found water would leak and drip into the Tahoe's interior from the joint of the molding and headliner on the front window pillar of the drivers side as we rode. A fair amount of drips pour out and leave a nice wet spot on you pants while driving. Plus since i paid $67K to get that beautiful mocha/mahogany premium leather interior combo, the water would drip on that just to make it all the better.

Im about to take it back to the dealer for the first time who was surprised and had never heard of this happening. Apparently they nor Chevy have seen this forum. At least not admit there is a precedent. I had no problem finding others with similar complaints, but ill give Chevy an opportunity to make thing right before taking this to the next level.

I will keep you informed of my journey through the Chevy service experience and hope this doesn't turn into one big annoying regret and turn into something bigger.

Thank you, stay tuned.

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe interior leak