Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe interior leak

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2015, 6:45 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzoom
Update on my 2015 LTZ journey.

Ice conditions and freezing temperatures have kept water drips from interior drivers side headliner at bay. Hope when it warms up i wont see a problem. Cant replicate for dealer if water is frozen.

Interesting though is the fact that my OnStar hardware crapped out now. Tried to make an emergency call only to be told OnStar could not connect. Nice work guys!!!

OnStar support says its not a software thing but to go back to dealer for hardware replacement. Wonder if the water leak is related to it?

A leak around the shark fin antenna seems to be a common issue with the 15's as it also takes out the On-Star ... get ti back to your dealer and ask them to check/inspect the shark fin gasket
Old December 8th, 2015, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban LTZ Water leak on Passenger floorboard

Windows fogging up on my 2015 Suburban lead me to a 1" puddle of water on the passenger floorboard. This is my second water leak on a Lemon law replacement vehicle? Has GM really gotten worse? This is my 5th GM vehicle since 2009 and will probably be my last. 70k for this one seems way too much. I checked sunroof drains and they are clear, water was all the way up the firewall pad! In the dealer again!!!!!!! After 11 months it has been into the dealer for over a month. Anyone seen anything not sunroof related on passenger side?
Old December 9th, 2015, 8:17 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum...
On the passenger side I would suspect that the HVAC box is not draining correctly, have you had a lot of rain in your area?
Old December 9th, 2015, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

I live in the Pacific northwest. The water leak started before the big rains. It appears to be there since day one due to the rust under the carpet. The leak is up higher than the hvac box. The floor was flooded in a pattern that made it appear like the door was leaking, but water can't leak up and the firewall mat was soaked more on the right side of the vehicle toward the fender.
Old December 10th, 2015, 9:09 AM
Administrator

A windshield seal or a leak at the cowling is the only thing I can think of....
the dealer needs to resolve it but if you are up for at least doing the work yourself for sanity and time....
I'd start by pulling up the carpeting and mating on the passenger side, dry the area so that any new water can be easily seen, close the door and run a hose over the entire windshield cowling area also the side pillar for the door to make sure its not runing down that way...
Check for leaks after a few rinses, if you find water, I'd have someone else run the water for you while you watch for the leak area...
Old January 3rd, 2016, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there
I am in the same boat. I bought a 2015 Tahoe, happy like a pig on mud, beautiful ride, great gas mileage for the size, but the quality is GM, or just the way all the american manufacturer are make their vehicle. The front bumper sticks out on the left hand side, I pushed it back but it's coming back. The latch in the back for the third row of seats, mine being the LS model you got to pull that strap or whatever they call it to lift the back of the seat. Every time I am pulling it the plastic that surrounds it pups out. And now is RAINING IN folks. And I DON'T HAVE a sunroof, for this reason, cause at some point they will leak. I haven't seen this in LADA's made in Russia. I am wondering what do I do now? The upper console is stained , the insulation has to be soaked, and this is a BRAND New Vehicle? I cannot believe it. Remember how they were pealing the paint in the 90's ? I wanted to buy a Sequoia but they haven't done anything to them in quite a while. I should've wait for the new model. Bad move. I am not buying another new american piece of crap for as long as I leave. Seriously Cadillac Escalade is exactly the same **** with a few more goodies. You got to be on crack to spend over 100,000$ on some **** that in 10 years from not it will worth 2500$ . Look at Toyotas. Tacoma with 200,000Km still goes for 20,000$ . I want to see how much would a Colorado be in 5-6 years with the same mileage.
Old October 4th, 2016, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default headliner leak

I have a 2015 Tahoe & it rained really hard here yesterday & water started leaking in my headliner up front, in the middle around the plastic where the lights & hatch opener are. I took it to my dealer & they didn't think warranty would cover it. Just wondering if warranty covered anyone else with similar leaks. If not I may have to go Ford, not happy with Chevy right now.
Old October 4th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Probably the antenna right above the console. Tell the dealer you think it is covered and if they still don't, tell them that you will escalate to the zone office.
Old October 4th, 2016, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Thank-you for the advise. I am still waiting for a call back from my dealership, they had never heard of this before.
Old October 5th, 2016, 3:09 PM
Administrator

Here a couple of links to reference if they play dumb

OnStar And XM Antenna Malfunction Setting DTC B2462 B2470 Or B125C ? 2015 Cadillac Chevrolet GMC | gm.oemdtc.com

https://www.repairprocedures.com/bul...f/4165482.html

Keep us updated

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe interior leak