Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

air only from defrost vents

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2009, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2001 suburban, no air out of defrost also,,, does anybody know how many volts should be sent to the servo connection? I checked at the blend door actuator and only got 2-3 volts. I was thinking should be getting around 12volts? My heat also only works sometimes. When it does it blows hot,, but sometime no heat at all. I took blend door actuator off and looked inside,, all gears looked ok. I am know heading to the acutator that controls the defrost air,,, fixen to get cold down hear in Texas. Thanks for any and all help.
Old January 1st, 2010, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem as drace on my 97 Tahoe. I have replaced the actuator, and the control module in the dash. Putting the new module in fixed the problem for maybe an hour. Can you point me in the way of this diode please!!!! I have checked everything else. I am getting a +- 4 mV signal at the actuator. Are you talking about the diode in the fuse center box under the hood?
Old May 9th, 2010, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

The actuator, GM Part 52473356, would hardly move by itself, but if u help it along it will hold whatever setting u want.
Old May 20th, 2015, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default help!!!

i have a 04 avalanche and when i turn the a/c on i get air on the drivers side and heat on the passenger side and it only comes out the defrost and a tiny bit on floor can anybody walk me thru how to fix this problem my truck is black and the medication i take already makes me feel very hot so if it gets much hotter im either not gonna be able to drive it or have a heat stroke trying to drive it please help me with this problem i love this truck but if i cant fix it im gonna trade it in on something else the dealer said the something under the dash has to be replaced and wanna charge me 500.00 to fix this so if theres a easy fix to this problem please help me
Old October 16th, 2015, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chance diode

Couk you tell me wich diode has to be changed please?
Thks
Originally Posted by QBert
on the 95s there's a diode that needs to be replaced on the control head. a dealer will tell you the control head is not serviceable and try to sell you an entire new control head. I went to an electronics shop near me and bought a pack of diodes for $1 (only needed one) and with some desoldering/soldering got mine working again.
Old June 25th, 2022, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by absoffthewake
did you ever fix this problem? I have the same problem on my 04 Trailblazer LS
This is purely hearsay, and only due to my dad owning 1 trailblazer with the I6 and whack *** everything else:

In our case, it was the entire expensive as frig central HVAC auto magical, sexy ir blast tastical control unit to the tune of $1800 maybe 12 yeara ago through Oreilly auto parts.

We arent now nor have ever been goated with the sauce so a LKQ unit was swapped in. I dont remember how much cheaper the pull a part unit ended up costing.

Lets be real tho, even if LKQ was selling the damn things for $500 bucks theyd still be aboot half off.

Which is pure insanity.