Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Backup camera problem

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2012, 7:58 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by hankburger
When I select the menu button I don't see option for the camera. I do have a camera as I see it on the back of the suburban. We just picked up this 2007LTZ suburban yesterday, and the dealer (ford) did check into it, but could not figure it out.

Any other ideas would be great.
AFAIK there is no rear camera pick on the menu. Are you saying that the camera doesn't display in reverse?
Old April 19th, 2014, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same issue

Hello. I am having the same problem and have replaced the camera and the module and still get black screen with the yellow bar. The only thing that wasn't done was the plastic clip on the camera harness. How important is that clip?
Old July 14th, 2014, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Can anyone give any good advice on how to remove the lift gate panel? I can get my deep well 10mm sockets on to each of the nuts but it seems like they just spin with the bolt. It's as if I need to access it from the other side to keep the bolt from spinning as well. Need help in a hurry in a hurry as I have to replace it before I get rid of it. Thanks all!
Old January 6th, 2016, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 chevy tahoe backup camera

My backup camera isn't working on my truck how could I fix that
Old September 21st, 2017, 2:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mschwader
Can anyone give any good advice on how to remove the lift gate panel? I can get my deep well 10mm sockets on to each of the nuts but it seems like they just spin with the bolt. It's as if I need to access it from the other side to keep the bolt from spinning as well. Need help in a hurry in a hurry as I have to replace it before I get rid of it. Thanks all!
You've probably got it squared away by now- but the applique mounting bolts are seated in a crappy plastic housing.
To fix mine I ripped it off with a Flat Pry-Bar and JB welded the heads into the housing. Little anti-seize on the threads in case I'm ever in there again.
Old February 25th, 2018, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default What was the fix?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hankburger,

“in2pro” makes a great point. Would you PM your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service
How did you fix this issue? I have had the same problem.
Old February 25th, 2018, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default What was the fix?

Originally Posted by hankburger
When I select the menu button I don't see option for the camera. I do have a camera as I see it on the back of the suburban. We just picked up this 2007LTZ suburban yesterday, and the dealer (ford) did check into it, but could not figure it out.

Any other ideas would be great.
I have the same probmem. How did you fix this?
thanks for any help provided.
Old March 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default Where did you purchase the Control module? Can you share the link?

Can you share the link or information were you purchased the Control module please. I have the same problem
I have the same truck

Originally Posted by HoleInOne
Hi all. My first thread and I'm asking for help. The backup camera on my 2007 LTZ is not working. When you put it in reverse, the screen comes on and is black. The little warning at the top is on but nothing else. I took it to the dealer and they said the module was bad. I replaced the module under the seat and that didn't fix it. Is there any other module to replace? Thanks for all responses.
Old November 20th, 2018, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear Backp Camera Not Working

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, just purchased brand new about 4 months ago. My rear view backup camera no longer works. The only thing I did was remove the license plates bulb light and insert it back in. Now the when you put it in reverse, the screen is blue and says Review Camera Needs To Be Serviced, or something closely related to it. Unfortunately in this truck, I can't find the fues box under the dashbord or under the hood. Any thing else I can check? I'm about to take it to the dealership, Iknow it's still under warranty but afraid they'll charge me .