Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Delphi Bluetooth Module (The Bluetooth Answer Finally!?)

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2008, 9:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delphi Bluetooth Module (The Bluetooth Answer Finally!?)

I saw this on the Delphi website. It looks to me like it plugs in between the Onstar Module and the head unit. Says it uses the same mic as Onstar. No more aftermarket Bluetooth products, this looks like plug n' play. I would love to find out more about this before purchasing the Scosche Bluefusion. Anyone have Delphi connections out there? ZX1100F1? This may finally be the definitive GM Bluetooth answer.

Delphi Bluetooth® Connectivity Device[/align] [/align]
[/align] [/align] The Delphi Bluetooth® Connectivity Device supplies state-of-the-art connectivity with mobile devices in the vehicle using the latest Bluetooth technology. It provides hands-free telephony with excellent speech quality using the vehicle's audio system. It is also capable of a wired connection to the cradle for charging an external device and connecting the external antenna. Via the CAN-Bus, the Delphi Bluetooth Connectivity Device is seamlessly integrated into the vehicle's HMI and can be controlled via in-vehicle microphone and steering wheel controls. To meet the future consumer demand to integrate mobile music players in the car, the Delphi Bluetooth Connectivity Device is capable of providing audio streaming via Bluetooth (A2DP-Profile). [/align] Benefits [ul][*]Automotive system integration and Bluetooth technology expertise[ul][*]Successful Delphi/Mecel Bluetooth technology design history[ul][*]Delphi was one of the first contributors to BT SIG (Bluetooth social interest group) working in AEG (Automotive Expert Group)[/ul][*]Delphi/Mecel proficiency in Bluetooth application release[ul][*]Customized serial production[/ul][*]Leading Delphi reception system RF expertise[/ul][/ul] [/align] Typical Applications
The Delphi Bluetooth Connectivity Device is more than just a hands-free telephony kit in the car; it can optionally provide full connectivity with mobile devices including music players, smart phones, handhelds and music phones. [/align] Features [ul][*]Bluetooth hands-free telephony[*]Powerful and scalable architecture[*]Seamless integration into OEM HMI[*]Bluetooth 2.0[*]Available in a remote box or in an integrated version[*]Audio streaming via Bluetooth A2DP & AVRCP[/ul] Audio Enhancement Features [ul][*]Sophisticated speech and audio enhancements provide excellent sound quality[*]Comfort noise injection, acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction[*]Full VDA 1.5 Class 1 compliance[*]Optional: multi-microphone solutions[/ul] State-of-the-art connectivity with Delphi's Bluetooth Connectivity Device The Bluetooth® work mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.

Direct link:http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto...th_con_device/
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Delphi Bluetooth Module (The Bluetooth Answer Finally!?)

Nice find! Since I have both the lockpick and ipod lockpick, I suspect I can integrate this blackbox too since it appears to piggyback the onstar module. Maybe this OEM box is supposed to be deployed in the 09 Tahoe?
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
CF Senior Member

That's what I'm thinkin'. Really hoping to get confirmation from more knowledgeable GM folk on the forum. It was just a matter of time though. This was definitely GM underestimating the market, and what features buyers want. You can get Bluetooth integrated on a frickin' Hyundai. Now with so many states instituting the hands-free laws, I'm sure it's become more of must for GM to get Bluetooth integrated even with the deal they have with Onstar.
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, I found this statement on another Forum Website about the Delphi Bluetooth Module.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting delphi.com.

Vehicle manufacturers value their relationship with their vehicle owners. The vehicle manufacturers have requested that all inquiries only be directed through their dealer and service organizations. Thus, per our contractual agreements, all inquiries regarding repairs, exchanges or specifications must be redirected to the respective vehicle manufacturers' dealer and service organizations. If the dealer is unable to answer your questions, they can contact our technical support at 1-800-428-0501.

Sincerely,
delphi.com Customer Service

Unquote:

This is what I want for my 08 LTZ. I guess we need to talk to GM directly.
Old April 8th, 2008, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys... I contacted delphi about this...as I was also very interested in a product like this... here is their response:

Thank you for contacting delphi.com.

Delphi appreciates your interest in our Bluetooth Connectivity Device. This system is an emerging technology product that is being marketed direct to vehicle manufactures by our internal sales and marketing staffs, and is not available as an aftermarket product. Vehicle manufacturer adaptation of this feature is just emerging and typically limited to luxury vehicles. Hopefully, the future will see more proliferation of this feature.

Sincerely,
delphi.com Customer Service
Old January 9th, 2010, 6:59 PM
CF Junior Member

This is a great find, but yet again another GM strategy to block their loyal customers.

We cant purchase a new BT VCIM

We cant purchase this Delphi product.

The new GM is the old GM, status quo.

Thats why at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week, Ford SYNC was given yet another award for their advancements in Vehicle/Human Machine interface technology.

Maybe someone on this forum who works for GM could find out more for us.
Old August 5th, 2014, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

I am APPALLED that the 2012 Impala LTZ cannot stream music via bluetooth. Would have seriously considered another car if I knew that. I cannot state how strongly I feel that GM is catering to their paid OnStar and XM Radio partners at the expense of their customers. If I want to stream music from my phone, I think I could do it from ANY other manufacturer after about 2009. Makes me want to swear, find whomever made this decision, and shake them. I will remain civil, since this is my first post, but I only signed in at all to voice my EXTREME dismay and disappointment that this has not been addressed. I thought I paired it wrong, went to the forums, and have been reading through them in utter stunned disbelief. For shame, GM, for shame.
Old August 6th, 2014, 5:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey All4Hoping,

We recognize your disappointment and your feedback has been documented within our system. If you have any questions or concerns related to your Impala or music streaming, please feel free to reach out to us via private message or contact the Infotainment Customer Support team at 855-428-3669.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Originally Posted by All4Hoping
I am APPALLED that the 2012 Impala LTZ cannot stream music via bluetooth. Would have seriously considered another car if I knew that. I cannot state how strongly I feel that GM is catering to their paid OnStar and XM Radio partners at the expense of their customers. If I want to stream music from my phone, I think I could do it from ANY other manufacturer after about 2009. Makes me want to swear, find whomever made this decision, and shake them. I will remain civil, since this is my first post, but I only signed in at all to voice my EXTREME dismay and disappointment that this has not been addressed. I thought I paired it wrong, went to the forums, and have been reading through them in utter stunned disbelief. For shame, GM, for shame.
Old August 7th, 2014, 8:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car tech

MyFord Touch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CarPlay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old December 30th, 2021, 2:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by TMW597
That's what I'm thinkin'. Really hoping to get confirmation from more knowledgeable GM folk on the forum. It was just a matter of time though. This was definitely GM underestimating the market, and what features buyers want. You can get Bluetooth integrated on a frickin' Hyundai. Now with so many states instituting the hands-free laws, I'm sure it's become more of must for GM to get Bluetooth integrated even with the deal they have with Onstar.
my 2011 sorento had Bluetooth