Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C Light Blinks & Then shuts off?

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2013, 8:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C Light Blinks & Then shuts off?

2007 Suburban LTZ, recently the A/C just blinks and shuts of, now the temps are up and down around here, last week it was in the high 40's and the light stayed on, this week 20's & 30's and it wont stay on, is it just too cold out?

We are going to Florida on Thursday want to make sure that it is working before we go!

Thanks,
Joe
Old March 24th, 2013, 9:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

I just went out and tried my A/C. It does the same thing. It is 35 here right now and I expect that the HVAC will not start the A/C compressor, as it is too cold.

Hopefully you don't have any other problems on your trip. Have a nice time in Florida.
Old March 24th, 2013, 1:10 PM
CF Senior Member

GOOD NEWS! Well, after church it was 38 and sunny (car was nice and warm), got in the Burb, started it up and the ac is fine

But now BOTH CV joints decided to take a dump when I took the boys to CCD!! They are grinding like crazy, and sound dreadful on any type of turn... So now I have to pull both of them and put new ones in when we get to Florida. My brother in law has a shop and he's one of the master mechanics. Now just to let him know that he has to order 2 axle assemblies
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe In NY
2007 Suburban LTZ, recently the A/C just blinks and shuts of, now the temps are up and down around here, last week it was in the high 40's and the light stayed on, this week 20's & 30's and it wont stay on, is it just too cold out?

We are going to Florida on Thursday want to make sure that it is working before we go!

Thanks,
Joe
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Joe In NY,

The air conditioner system relies on the outside temperature for its use. The air conditioning compressor with not turn on if the outside temperature is close to freezing.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM

how easy would it have been to program the truck to tell you that vs just flashing a light at you?

2-4 hours? 10?

not that hard, you have several screens to use.

"A/C not available below 35" when you push it...
TA-DA... how easy is to make a good car?
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

From my point of view, the fact that you can't run an A/C below ~38* is tribal knowledge.
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
From my point of view, the fact that you can't run an A/C below ~38* is tribal knowledge.

cept for them running for defrost???
Old March 25th, 2013, 1:41 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default no

I would wager that almost 95%+ of Americans don't know that.

Most vehicles let you run it at any temp.
Old March 25th, 2013, 9:12 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by hicksvilleshick
cept for them running for defrost???
The compressor won't run if below ~38*

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I would wager that almost 95%+ of Americans don't know that.

Most vehicles let you run it at any temp.

So you're saying all the mfgs have discovered how to prevent water from freezing at 32*?
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:57 PM
CF Senior Member

actually chrysler lets you turn on the ac below freezing and it does come on! they must have found a way to stop water from freezing lol

my friends previous dodge 1500 did it and so does my other friends Chrysler Sebring haha

Quick Reply: A/C Light Blinks & Then shuts off?