Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C Light Blinks & Then shuts off?

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2016, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Traverse AC not working

It is 60 degrees here & the light flashes 3 times and then shuts off. Seems like other 2010 Traverse owners have the same issue. Any thoughts on what's wrong that won't require a hefty diagnostic fee?
Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Joe In NY,

The air conditioner system relies on the outside temperature for its use. The air conditioning compressor with not turn on if the outside temperature is close to freezing.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default My 2013 GMC Yukon a/c button flashing at 57 degrees

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Joe In NY,

The air conditioner system relies on the outside temperature for its use. The air conditioning compressor with not turn on if the outside temperature is close to freezing.

Louis
GM Customer Service
I just bought a 2013 GMC Yukon through a private seller.. when I got into the vehicle and tested through ac the light flashed then **** off and wasn't cooling at all but blowing warm air. We had 3 cans of collant put in and the light stayed on and it blew cold air. But now a day later the button just flashes and ****s off again and no cold air...HELP P.S. it's 57 degrees outside

Last edited by Alyssa Hook Buffer; March 7th, 2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Need to add a detail
Old March 8th, 2021, 7:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alyssa Hook Buffer
I just bought a 2013 GMC Yukon through a private seller.. when I got into the vehicle and tested through ac the light flashed then **** off and wasn't cooling at all but blowing warm air. We had 3 cans of collant put in and the light stayed on and it blew cold air. But now a day later the button just flashes and ****s off again and no cold air...HELP P.S. it's 57 degrees outside
The issues I had with my 07 was that the lines to the rear A/C had a leak (road salt ate through the lines) and there was no refrigerant in the system. I plugged the rear a/c line, recharged the system and we're good to date. Don't keep putting refrigerant in because you're wasting your money and could be doing more damage than good to your system. Take it to someone who can diagnose.
Old May 26th, 2023, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Louis,

Im having the same issue, outside temp is mid 80's, and the cooling stuff is in adequate range. What next?

Louis
GM Customer Service[/QUOTE]