Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Chrome wheel polish

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2010, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome wheel polish

I have a 2010 hoe with 20" Chrome's (factory) what are you guys using to keep them looking good? Also can this cleaner be used on the door handles and mirror caps?

Secondly if there are on good detailers on here, I washed my car for the first time and the water beaded up very big and the paint was rough so i used some MG carnuba wax now its smooth but I noticed some swirls and small scratches...the color is black, what would you guys recomend?
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Most polish suppliers have products for removing swirls. Using microfiber and pure cotton towels and going in straight line directions when drying, waxing etc is a good way to minimize swirls.

I use Meguiars NXT on chrome and paint.

Black paint maintenance is a career and an obsession.

Last edited by 73shark; March 8th, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Most polish suppliers have products for removing swirls. Using microfiber and pure cotton towels and going in straight line directions when drying, waxing etc is a good way to minimize swirls.

I use Meguiars NXT on chrome and paint.

Black paint maintenance is a career and an obsession.

So when applying wax put it down in a straight line? i always thought you wanted to go in a circular motion...im trying to learn about what exactly compound, polish and wax are and if i need a power buffer or whatever..i dont mind putting in the time, i just dropped 53k on this truck so i wanna keep it looking immaculate...i just ned to learn what products to use..thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by enacer; March 8th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default black Tahoe

I have an 09 black LTZ... your best bet for keeping it clean is to not drive it.

Or, hire someone to ride around with you, and every time you park, they have to wash it.

Seriously, keeping this thing clean and looking like that has been know to cause insanity...

I have 2 black vehicles... can't win... must.... wash... car..... must... vaccum... polish... touch up... can't go to sleep....

i waxed the entire tahoe over 3 days... first the hood/ sides, then doors, then back panels, then roof.

then rims.

I wash / dry by hand if its warm enough out... usually 1x a week, else I end up doing it every damn day!
Old March 8th, 2010, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I have an 09 black LTZ... your best bet for keeping it clean is to not drive it.

Or, hire someone to ride around with you, and every time you park, they have to wash it.

Seriously, keeping this thing clean and looking like that has been know to cause insanity...

I have 2 black vehicles... can't win... must.... wash... car..... must... vaccum... polish... touch up... can't go to sleep....

i waxed the entire tahoe over 3 days... first the hood/ sides, then doors, then back panels, then roof.

then rims.

I wash / dry by hand if its warm enough out... usually 1x a week, else I end up doing it every damn day!

Funny sh*t man...I also have OCD when it comes to keeping it clean so im sure I will be washing it alot. I waxed the entire truck after i got it the other day. After the wax wears off im bringing it to be detailed I want it polished before its waxed again. What is good to polish up the rims? I was told regular car wax because its clear coat. I need to find something to shine up the chrome handles and mirror caps I was thinking chrome polish?
Old March 8th, 2010, 5:04 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Be careful using chrome polish on anything not metal based. Chrome plated plastic is a very thin coating. I'd advise using whatever you use on the paint for the chrome and wheels.