Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Old March 8th, 2010, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Tahoe Door Lock Problem

First of all, let me say hello. I have found this forum extremely useful in the past, so I will try again. Here is a brief rundown of my problem.

Basically, the power door locks are not working correctly. To be more specific, the driver door look is the one acting up. When I try to unlock with keyless entry remote, it will never open on first attempt. It usually takes two or three (sometimes more though). In addition, when I insert my actual key into the lock, it will not open on the first turn either. It usually does the trick after a few more turns.

More recently, the door has not been unlocking from the inside either; either by pressing the door lock button or manually moving the sliding mechanism located on the inside of the door. In fact, I have had to roll the windows down a few times and stick my key in the outside locking mechanism just to get the door open.

I read a few posts and decided to check the fuses and the relays. I convinced myself that it was a relay and I replaced them already. Still nothing. I recently had a dead battery in the vehicle too. But this problem existed before that. It is just worse now.

I am disappointed to see that this appears to be a real problem with Chevys. I do not know what to do now. I don't want to go to the dealership and have to spend more than this problem is worth. However, I cannot risk my wife and kids getting stuck inside the truck either.

Any help, suggestions, thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Again, I thank you.
Old March 8th, 2010, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

To further complicate the problem, now my front passenger door will not lock or unlock. It is stuck in the unlock position. I changed the battery in my clicker, but nothing changed other than the passenger door is no longer operable via the keyless remote.
Old March 8th, 2010, 4:50 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I'd pull the door panels and check the linkage. Sounds like something mechanical rather than electrical.
Old March 8th, 2010, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I will try that again. I will re-post with any new updates. Again thank you for the response. This is frustrating.