Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HELP!!! multi probloms with Burb..

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2014, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!! multi probloms with Burb..

2003 suburban... onstar blinking on and off.. cruise control light on cluster not working.. 4x4 light on cluster not working.. left hand blinker light on cluster not working.. drivers side seat up and down switch working backwards.. both front heated seats will only come on one at a time and only for a few seconds.. dealer tells me no active recalls.. the 4wheel drive, cruise control and blinkers all work fine.. so I don't realy know were to start to look for probloms.. also this suburban only has on battery.. is that normal on some models or has someone removed a battery?..
Old November 17th, 2014, 3:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

All Suburbans have only one battery. Diesel pickups get two.

It looks like you have a lot of electrical issues going on with your truck. You're not going to find the solutions by peppering each individual problem all over the forum. I'm sure most, if not all of the problems, are related.

It would appear to me that you need to take the truck in to a professional to troubleshoot. Either a dealer, or a qualified mechanic.
Old November 19th, 2014, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

thank you!.. finely someone who might have a clue on what there talking about.. but I did buy a new 2004 burb with a gas engine and it had two battery's in it.. I figured it was for the a/v system or the removable snow plow.. anyway thanks for the info.. yes I think it is a wiring problem.. I just needed a step by step diagram on were and how to start for each problem.. I guess I will just buy a gm diagnostic cd..
Old November 20th, 2014, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Good idea

Great idea, it is nice to see others who try to work on their vehicles "if possible", I am no mechanic but save a great deal of money and learn a great deal about my vehicles when I work on them. I usually know where & when I am over my head and take it to my mechanic. Best of luck.
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Two batteries?

My '96 K2500 GMC Suburban with a 5.7 Vortec 350 has two batteries. The one on the passenger side runs the starter when required to. The drivers side battery has a positive cable coming over from the other battery to charge it. Its purpose, apparently, is to power the computer crap on the fender well.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 8:59 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bobpur
My '96 K2500 GMC Suburban with a 5.7 Vortec 350 has two batteries. The one on the passenger side runs the starter when required to. The drivers side battery has a positive cable coming over from the other battery to charge it. Its purpose, apparently, is to power the computer crap on the fender well.
I doubt your Burb came from the factory with two batteries.

The battery doesn't power anything when the engine is running - that's the job of the alternator. The battery is simply being used as a reservoir/buffer.

The main reason there's room/provision for a second battery is when the truck has a diesel engine. PPV Tahoes also come with a second battery to power all the extra lights and equipment.

That being said, my 08 has two batteries...
Name:  20140730_163208_zps7e63deeb.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  132.3 KB
Old November 22nd, 2014, 9:44 PM
CF Junior Member

there are a couple of bulletins on the wiring under the drivers seat shorting out on the bar running across the bottom of the seat rails, it can cause the seat module to short and can cause com problems. did you scan for codes? as in U codes? Also check the grounds from engine to the body.