Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2010, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speakers not working

I have a 2004 suburban that had its sunroof left open over nght during a rain storm. next moring there was a puddle of water in the middle consoule and on the floors in both the front and back. Front spreakers were working - back were not. now both do not work. Everything else is working. I suspect the water fried the amp. Is the Amp difficult to replace?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 4:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the amp under the passengers front seat? Then maybe so. But also if you left the roof open and the have the steering wheel with the volume controls you may have shorted the radio. You ll have to wait till things dry out to see if its reversible. The amp if its the one under the seat is bolted to the floor, like 4 10mm nuts/bolts and maybe one harness. You may have to unbolt the seat to get to all the bolts/nuts.
Old October 4th, 2010, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for responding:

the amp is under the middle console. got to it over the weekend. there appears to be two plugs into on end of th amp the amp. without removing the amp it appears i could just unplug those two wire connections to a new one to see if that is the problem. Does anyone know where to get a factory amp for a 2004 subruban? dealership quoted me $337.

the rest of the radio and stering wheel controls are all working properly - Thanks