Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Old September 9th, 2006, 6:27 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

You have to undo the (3 if memory serves me correctly) bolts that retain the rear window wiper motor to be able to remove this plastic panel, be careful not to loose the washers.
Old September 10th, 2006, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The good news! I was able to get the plastic panel off. There are 4 nuts and 2 plastic retaining pins holding the panel on the lift gate.
The bad news!!!. My Tahoe is not factory pre-wired for the backup camera. I don't know if all Tahoe's are like this or not. My Tahoe came with a Factory non-DVD Nav system without the rear entertainment system. If I wanted to get the wiring harness to make this happen what would I need to order? Is it even worth it?
Old September 10th, 2006, 9:52 PM
CF Addict

Bad news.
If your Tahoe was not equipped with the wiring for the rear view camera then it also was not equipped with a rear view camera image display module which is located under the passenger seat.
It will take a great amount of effort to get the rear camera up and running at this point, if you decide to take the challenge you can go into a parts dept and ask for the most knowledgeable parts guy to help you, have him order the wire harness to the module and then the harness up to the radio and also you will need a module.
Plugging everything in is basic but running the harness is time consuming to do it correctly and there are no instructions just your own good judgment.
Once everything is connected and plugged into the back of the radio you will need to have a GM service dept reprogram your radio and activate the rear camera feature at that time.

GM is introducing a kit to install the Navigation head units next quarter (but probably not till next year truth be known) but right now have put the camera retrofit on hold as there were too many issues that popped up when it was researched.
Old September 11th, 2006, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

I have read your posts and all the replies for this thread. If I understand correctly, I should have a box under the passenger front seat (mine does if I am looking at the right thing) if my 07 is equipped with the wiring harness for the back up camera? Any approximate dimensions, location (mine is on the door side, toward the front, and easily visible with several wires that appear to go toward the track) and or a part number that is on the label? I definitely would like to add the camera and also a fiend with a Denali (07, NAV sys, touch screen) is interested too. Any info is greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance!
J J
Old September 12th, 2006, 2:01 AM
CF Junior Member

I know for a fact that the service department will have to install or modify the program to get the rear camera option on the nav screen. When we got the new radio unit, they forgot to do this and we took it back and they reprogrammed the unit.
Old September 12th, 2006, 5:40 AM
CF Beginner

Does anyone know if there really is a piece or a way that you can watch dvd on the navigation screen while you are driving? there is a guy on ebay selling a unlocking wiring harness for 2007 suburban and tahoe.
Old September 12th, 2006, 1:42 PM
CF Addict

Joe,
The ECU module for the camera is a small metal box (just a little smaller than the black box you describe) it is located in the center part underneath the seat but close to the track on the inboard side (close to the center console).
If your Tahoe does not have the wiring then it does not have this box either.
Part # for the module is 10371724

rtrich16,
Try this link: Coastal Electronic
Old September 12th, 2006, 2:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Why not just go aftermarket for the NAV radio and the b/u camera? Especially if you dont have the infrastructure.

Most of the new aftermarket NAV radios have more features that the GM anyway.

Just a thought
Old September 12th, 2006, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

I found this website that was posted on another forum.

http://www.smartpark.net/cameras.html

It looks promising. They also offer an iPod integration kit that appears to tie into the XM radio.

I sent an email to their sales department to get more information. I will post more info if I get a response.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:52 PM
CF Beginner

I got the NAV HU, the GPS Antenna, the Map DVD. Hooked up the new NAV unit per instructions at the beginning of this thread. DVD, steering wheel controls, rear sear audio controls all work. Navigation, however does not. I get the Map on screen but the unit has no idea where it is. It would appear that it has no GPS Signal coming in. I checked the antenna plug and tried putting the GPS antenna up on the dash to see if it was experiencing interference. Still no go on the NAV. On the screen there is a small white box with "GPS" in it and a red diagonal line. I assume this means I have no GPS signal. Am I missing a component or interface? Im only using two of the four main inputs on the back of the radio (not the FM antenna or GPS antenna inputs). My AV came with the BOSE 6 disc changer. Help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe