Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio goes to full volume when truck started

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2014, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio goes to full volume when truck started

Hi folks,
Sorry if this is posted somewhere already, I've been searching and can't find this specific topic:
2011 Suburban LT with Bose entertainment package and navigation. Lately when the truck is started the radio goes immediately to full volume, switched to the iPod interface. Doesn't matter if it's my key or the wife's key, same result. Then, when you put the transmission in reverse and the head unit switches to the rear back up camera, the same thing happens. Full volume, iPod interface. Now I like loud music, but my wife doesn't enjoy Enter Sandman at full volume, and neither do my children.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is the speed sensing system messed up or something? I basically got a shrug from the dealer.
Old November 26th, 2014, 3:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd wager that the steering wheel volume button is stuck. Tap it a bunch of times, wiggle it, maybe hit it with a few shots of an air duster. Or, did you somehow manage to get it wet?
Old November 26th, 2014, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my knowledge the steering wheel has not gotten wet. This is a recent development - I've owned this burb for a little over a year now, and this started about two months ago. I'll try your suggestions and see if that clears up the problem. Thanks!