Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2007 suburban ltz hatch operates by itself

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 suburban ltz hatch operates by itself

I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban with the automatic rear hatch. Lately, it started opening by itself. I close it and lock the doors, but anywhere from 2 min to 2 hours later, it opens again. Sometimes, it will open and close several times by itself. I disabled the remote to ensure I didn't have a stuck button but it still happened. I just turned off the auto feature. Where do I start? The squeeze switch in the handle?
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin D
I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban with the automatic rear hatch. Lately, it started opening by itself. I close it and lock the doors, but anywhere from 2 min to 2 hours later, it opens again. Sometimes, it will open and close several times by itself. I disabled the remote to ensure I didn't have a stuck button but it still happened. I just turned off the auto feature. Where do I start? The squeeze switch in the handle?
Justin D,

There may be an issue with the handle as you suggested. Another possibility is the liftgate wiring harness. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service