Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Adding Bass To 2007+ Tahoe w/Bose&Nav

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2010, 11:39 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default idea!

Does anyone have any way of making a harness for this?

I Wonder if people would pay for such a harness.

I want to do this, but i'd much rather clip in a T-harness than splice (I have no problem splicing, but I don't want anything that can't come out of my tahoe)

all we need is 6" of wire, some crimps, and the same 2 connectors they use factory...
Old August 5th, 2010, 3:19 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is a great link from the past on the project...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...highlight=bose
Old March 12th, 2016, 1:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read carefully I followed step by step used a high input adaptor spliced into wires did the remote wire and power wire grounded evrything turned out good no steps skipped very well written post thanks a lot saved me money and head ache from trying to figure out how to add subs without getting an after market head unit thanks again I used voice coil 1 as my right and 2 as my left either way around would work as long as you get +and- right .
Old September 25th, 2019, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socaliguy81
Well, after a lot of searching for the Bose Nav/DVD/Rear Ent wiring diagram, I finally found the only useable signal for adding a sub amp. The issue I had was that tapping the speaker wires on the Bose system changed the impedence too much and threw the Bose amp into a state of confusion. The only logical reasoning behind this is that Bose uses an auto-clip-sensning system that basically tells the amp how much stress the speaker is under through the language of impedence. Notice how when you rotate your volume **** all the way up, it just magically knows when to stop? I realized also that adding an amp for mids and highs would have to be done by grabbing the low level signal before the Bose amp FYI.

The center console subwoofer is practically located under the dash. After learning that the Bose amp was in the center console at the rear under the storage area, I figured there must be high level sub signal traveling through the center console.
Attachment 15179
Attachment 15180

Sure enough, I popped out the very easily accessible storage tray and spied a 4-wire harness. You might be thinking only 1 pair of wires go to a sub. Well, as I learned when adding an amp to my CTS w/ Bose, they like to run 2 pairs, one for each voice coil. All you have to do is tap each pair and run to a line-level adapter or hi-lo converter as some of you know them by. The wiring is as follows:

***These colors are on the amp side of the plug. The sub side has different colors all together.***

Voice Coil #1 aka Channel 1
+Dark Blue w/ White Stripe
- Light Green w/ Black Stripe
Voice Coil #2 aka Channel 2
+Dark Green
-Light Blue w/ Black Stripe

***THESE ARE SUB LEVELS NOT FULL RANGE..TAPPING THESE WIRES ARE ONLY FOR INSTALLING SUBS***

**Since it is easier to tap the larger gauge wires on the sub side of the harness, just use the plug's corresponding letters (ABCD) to match the wires up.**
Attachment 15181
There is plenty of room under most second row seating for one large amp or multiple smaller amps. Even the factory beauty board can be cut to easily flush amps in and hide wiring.

Attachment 15182
Attachment 15183

The 12Volt Main and 12Volt Accessory/Ignition wire locations are pictured below.

Attachment 15184
Attachment 15185
Attachment 15186
Attachment 15187
Attachment 15188
Attachment 15189
Attachment 15190

I am a professional installer who works out of Southern California and would love to help out if anyone needs.

760-773-8728 Travis Brown
"socaliguy81@yahoo.com"

NEW CONTACT INFO FOR TRAVIS BROWN

HiFiWiFiGuy@gmail.com
Same phone number