Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No bass from radio, 2002 'burb, not Bose

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2014, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bass from radio, 2002 'burb, not Bose

When turning up the volume the subwolfer by the cargo door just rattled.
I bought a P3SD4-8 for replacement. The burb has an enclosure box. I tested the new speaker before mounting to the box and it works much better installed to the box. It is perfect for me as I don't like annoying everyone within a block.

Original sub was 2 ohm. Looking at the mfg web site I decided I needed a 2 coil 4 ohm and wire the two as shown to get 2 ohm for the stock amp.

Here is how I did it. Remove the following: Cargo net ****, push pin below.it. Not having a trim tool, the small trowel worked great popping off the trim at the rear of the carpet, driver rear tweeter, driver rear door rear trim, flipped the third seat forward, then the big panel popped out.

Removed original speaker. Carefully removed the foam from the cardboard ring. Cut off the spade connecters. Larger one is + with red wire.

Ran jumpers on new speaker + to + and - to - for 2ohm. Connected 'burb wiring and tested.

Placed foam ring between enclosure and speaker. Installed with self drilling screws (not included) because the screw hole spacing is just a smidgen smaller.

Back of hand bumps reinstalls everything.

Works great!