Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Installing DEi 530t Window Module

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2011, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing DEi 530t Window Module

I am installing a DEi 530t window module. Using various wiring diagrams found online, I am able to hook up all the wires through my driver's and passenger's door, except one. The DEi window module allows you to roll up your windows when you set your alarm, and the module has an orange wire that you are supposed to connect to a ground-when armed output. My understanding is that a 2010 Tahoe does not have that. However, the installation manual then says you can also hook up the orange wire to a negative lock pulse from the security system. It then gives you a diagram found at http://www.p71interceptor.com/windowmodule/installmanuals/dei530tocr.pdf
on how to do that. My understanding is that a 4 door 2010 Tahoe LTZ has a positive trigger that emits a positive lock pulse. So my question is which wire in my truck can I use to give the DEi window module a negative lock pulse? Do I need a relay or something to put between the positive lock trigger that is currently in my Tahoe and the DEi window module that will change the polarity so that my truck will send a negative signal to the DEi window module? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.