Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2011, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Hello,
My name is Doug. I am from Lumberton Texas. I have a 2000 Tracker, 2 door, 4X4, automatic, stock.

My rear end has a wine in it. Anybody have any experience on trouble shooting this. I jacked her up and listened with a stethascope. Sounds lilke the pinion bearing. It starts whining around 55 mph. Really gets louder at 65. Kinda quiets down at 75, or my ears just quit working.

Thanks for all input. I used to visit Zukikrawlwers when I had a Suzuki.
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

I ain't seen many replies here on anything. Try it here 1G (1999-2005) Vitara & Grand Vitara - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site they will hook you up.
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

The Tracker is a Suzuki through and through. Your model will be the same as a grand vitara. The 89-98 is the same as a sidekick.
Old October 5th, 2011, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

I did go to Zuki forum, just wanted to check the bowtie forum. Not much action here. Even though I have a Chevy, the Suzuki guys don't mind. LOL. Thanks mrclif. I am just wandering, how much different is my Tracker than a GV? Can't be much, Anyway, i like my Tracker.
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Ain't much diffrence,this is my third Tracker but this is my first gen 2 body style.I love em, drive to work and hunt out of em. The first gen body style when they were Geo's seems to have a stronger following, I think they're a little more durable.But I like the added horsepower and ride of my 99 model.I worked as a Toyota tech for most of my career, these trackers are the first non toyota's in my family in a log time. But saying that thier engineering is not up to the same level as Toyota. But they make one heck of a huntn ride,you can go on most atv trails and throw you a hitch hauler on the back and tote the critters you shoot out too.
I've had better luck looking for repair info under GV's, Suzuki seems to let go of more info than chevy so if you need tech support it's generally better at suzuki.
Attached Thumbnails New member-tracker.jpg