TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

04 Not blowing AC from vents after battery change

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2014, 3:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Not blowing AC from vents after battery change

Bought an 04 Trailblazer, battery went bad a few days after that. Still had free placement on it, so went and did that at a major shop featuring 3 cartoon guys as mascotts. Wife got into it, got on the access road starting home, but noticed the AC would not come out of facing vents, just floor and defrost. Is there any other tricks to get this working again? The shop admitted they did not use a battery back-up device before unhooking my old battery, and said if it does not "re-learn" in a couple days, to bring them a bill from the Chevy dealer.
Old July 8th, 2014, 3:39 PM
CF Active Member

Got it fixed. After trying everything from taking out fuses, waiting 2.7 minutes, while hopping on one leg, then starting for 3 minutes, and barking at the moon, to flipping the key three times then waving a magic wand over the entire vehicle. The shop at fault printed out various techniques from the internet from forums such as this one on how to re-learn the comptuer and hopefully fix it. Basicaly they sent ME home to fix it myself. Ha! After time wasted that will never be replaced, I just took it to the Chevy Stealership, and come to find out to was the actuators burned out. $255.97 The shop that caused the issue paid the bill.
Old August 10th, 2014, 9:15 PM
CF Active Member

Default vents

You are very lucky you got it paid for . This is a fairly common issue when you replace the battery . You have to make sure everything is turned off when you replace the battery or this can happen. Not saying this should happen, another one of the many issues with these vehicles that should not happen.