TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Need some advice on a couple of things on a 2003 Trailblazer I bought

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2015, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on a couple of things on a 2003 Trailblazer I bought

Hey guys and gals, I just joined the site today. I recently bought an extra clean 2003 Trailblazer LS, 2wd w/a 4.2 I-6, w/110,000 miles on it.

As all vehicles with 110.000 miles on it, even though it has been a grocery-getter all it's life, it has some "needs" and has some noises that I am in need of advice on.

1. When it is cold, when I pull up to a stop sign i have a deep sounding vibration that sounds like it could be exhaust related. Listening to it from the inside, it sounds like it is coming from the right side of the motor / tranny area and quietens down after it warms up.

My thoughts are the donut gasket where the exhast manifold and down tube to the rest of the exhaust is going bad and when it warms up it swells and the vibration lessens. Your thoughts?

2. It may still have the original shocks and struts on it. It drives straight as an arrow down the road, but bumps tell the story. BIG TIME.

What would you suggest for new suspenders? I normally use Monroe sensa-trac on cars, but i was wondering if there was something other than Monroe that you all might suggest for a light truck.

Also, the spare tire cable has apparently stretched to the point that it can't be tightened anymore and the tire bumps and squeaks around over bumps. Isn't there someone that makes a rubber spacer that you can put between the rim hole and the plate on the bottom of the cable to take up the slack?

I look forward to your thoughts / insight / experience.

Thanks in advance!