Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty?

about to purchase new 2011 traverse. thoughts/experiences on extended warranty? I have purchased in the past on past new vehicles and never used. Do plan on keeping this vehicle 5 years - prob avg about 15k driving a year.

Also if any experiences on costs you've seen/been offered?
Old September 12th, 2011, 1:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

My piece of advice, you better ask questions as to what EXACTY is covered. I got burned on a Ford once over an extended drivetrain warrenty. I co-signed for my niece on a used Ford had 29k on it, purchased the extended warrenty for it. Clutch went out not too long after that, even though I felt this was part of the drivetrain, the dealer said it wasn't covered. BE CAREFUL! the dealer did cover part of the cost (this has been sometime back, nowadays too bad). Besides getting it in writing, go over what IS covered, and what isn't.
Old September 13th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Extended warranties are a great thing when purchasing a vehicle but I agree, I would just make sure that the extended warranty package is something that works for you and fits in your parameters, find out what is and isn’t included.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old December 29th, 2011, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an extended warrenty and lets put it this way, If you have a good dealership that you go to they are more then willing to work with you. I can say that it is alot cheaper to be safe then not.