Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander -08 with water on the floor?

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2020, 7:47 AM
U.S
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander -08 with water on the floor?

Hi guys, i´m new here and my native language is not english so bare with me.

I´m the new owner, since last week, of an Uplander 2008. 320.000 km apx 200.000 miles. It was cheap. 800$ and of course that will give me some problems. One of them is water on the floor. The water is clean no coolant. I read about condensed water from the AC i think that´s the case here. Where do i find the leak? I folded the floormat back and the sounddampening black stuff is soaked. Can i take the sounddamper out? On the drivers side there is almost a hole in the floor. The front bracket of the center console is almost rusted away.

The plan is to take everything out. All seats and the floormat. This is the worst case ever of how not to clean your car. The goal is a sevenseater for my daughter. A lot of dogs and one kid.

I have some other issues to but first thing first.

Old July 29th, 2020, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

the condensed water leak you mention happens when the drain from the A/C evaporator gets plugged up. You access it from under the hood, passenger side, against the firewall. If you type a some keywords into a web search, you should get some how-to's.
Old January 20th, 2021, 7:56 AM
U.S
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a hole in the firewall and blew it with my airgun. Then my car has been standing still outside since July. Last week i decided to deal with it and backed my poor Jag XKR out of the garage in to the snow and replaced it with the Uplander. A lot of mold on seats and belts so i started to take everything out. Now i have a clean grey floor without the carpet. There was water on the floor in the back in the well to one of the seatfasteners. It was also wet in the sounddampening in the front.
Seems like the car is leaking in water even when standing still.
All seats are now cleaned and the floormat is up next.

Then on to the drain to the AC. Can i reach it, taking the sounddamper out, without taking the dash out? I might as well clean it from the inside to and be sure that it´s not clogged up.
Old January 20th, 2021, 2:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

ok that's not the A/C then.

You have plain old rain leak. Check the door gaskets.